Reheating marinades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...In short, we've tried using and reusing the marinade. I guess it's okay.
This is faulty logic that can lead to disaster. Just because you dodged the bullet in the past doesn't mean the next one will miss you, too. It's like saying "I never wear my seat belt because I've driven without it for years and I'm still alive."

Agreeing with Scotch here. It's very dangerous to say "I guess it's OK" when someone is asking about something that could potentially make them, and everyone eating with them, very sick, or worse. We've all been lucky in the past. We may all be lucky in the future. However, once we know the risks involved it's simply not wise to keep doing things the same.

I have made many pan sauces immediately after marinating meats. I won't do it with chicken or pork though. For chicken and pork I will keep some of the marinade "clean" for that purpose.

This is faulty logic that can lead to disaster. Just because you dodged the bullet in the past doesn't mean the next one will miss you, too. It's like saying "I never wear my seat belt because I've driven without it for years and I'm still alive."

Yeah, you're right. It was too risky and careless of us.

Back
Top Bottom