Actually, there are two types of food intoxication associated with this organism. The one associated with Rice is called Emetic and its symptoms are vomiting, and abdominal cramps. It is caused by a heat stable toxin that is formed on the food and has an onset of 1-6 hours from ingestion. It is also called short-incubation
The other type is "long incubation", its symptoms are cramps and severe diarrhea. It is caused by a heat liable toxin and has an 8-16 hour onset. Like Clostridium perfringins, it is caused by a toxin that is formed in the intestines after ingestion of sufficient organisms. It is often associated with cooked vegetables, and has been found on up to 50% of dried beans and 25% of dried foods like potatoes and spices.
This in not a real common food poisoning, at least based on outbreaks reported to the CDC. But then it's not required to be reported
So as said earlier, don't think that rice is more dangerous than other foods if not properly handled after cooking because it isn't.