Safety oven mitts or pot holders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Linens 'N Things carries both the silicone mitts, as well as silicone potholders. The tags state up to what temp they can withstand - pretty high, as I recall. I may p/u the black silicone potholders next time.

Linens 'N Things carries both the silicone mitts, as well as silicone potholders. The tags state up to what temp they can withstand - pretty high, as I recall. I may p/u the black silicone potholders next time.
thanks for the info, amy. will check the local mall .

If you go to a restaurant supply, see if they have "Orca" gloves. I've used those at a country club up in MI, but, it was more to grab "perf" pans out of a tilt-skillet full of boiling water (fastest way to cook bulk quantities of shrimp and/or pasta). I never really used them to get hot pans out of the oven. I tend to use tongs for that, but I doubt I could use two pair of tongs to remove my DO, full of food, from the oven.

If you go to a restaurant supply, see if they have "Orca" gloves. I've used those at a country club up in MI, but, it was more to grab "perf" pans out of a tilt-skillet full of boiling water (fastest way to cook bulk quantities of shrimp and/or pasta). I never really used them to get hot pans out of the oven. I tend to use tongs for that, but I doubt I could use two pair of tongs to remove my DO, full of food, from the oven.
AllenOK , thank you for that info, I will check it out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom