Sous Vide (sp?). Is it safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it were that easy then restaurants would not need to spend mega bucks to buy equipment specifically designed to cook this way.

Interesting stuff. I would be curious if it actually works as advertised or if it is just a gimmicky sort of thing.

Looks like some of those rice cookers are disassembled and then modified to work with that temp unit.

That website is stupid. They have an article detailing how you can sous vide without bags here.

Sous vide means "under vacuum" which refers to the sealed bags, not the low cooking temperature. In their article, they're not sous viding anything without a bag, they're just slow braising. Now, that's not to say that it won't taste good, but it's not sous vide.

Yeah, I saw that but I'm more interested in the equipment. I also read about some other pumps/circulators and t-stats that can be adapted. The process is simple, however the equipment is not mainstream.

Well, I found all of the equipment, I just need to acquire it. Everyone that has tried this had nothing but good reviews. Supposed to give more tender and flavorful results than any other cooking method. The only downside is the lack of resources. You really have to search around and read blog after blog or thread after thread for some good info. I can't wait. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom