Sugar cookie dough still good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snickerdoodle

Senior Cook
I made a batch of sugar cookie dough on Christmas Eve with good intentions to use it that day but never got around to it so here we are 3 days later and it's still there... do you think it's still good? I won't have time to make cookies out of it until tomorrow afternoon. I'm thinking it's OK but wanted to get a general concensus. Thanks!

I made a batch of sugar cookie dough on Christmas Eve with good intentions to use it that day but never got around to it so here we are 3 days later and it's still there... do you think it's still good? I won't have time to make cookies out of it until tomorrow afternoon. I'm thinking it's OK but wanted to get a general concensus. Thanks!

I don't see this being much of a problem. Unless the eggs in the dough went bad. You might want to let it warm up a bit, and remix it before you lay them out on the baking sheet.

They should be fine, but when they come to room temperature, sniff them to see if you can detect any wrong odours.

They'll be fine, the store bakeries make up huge batches and take them out of the fridge daily, to make fresh baked. The dough usually lasts them a week or 2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom