The quickest way to kill a Restaurant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, babe, if you read the article that attie posted the link to you will see that the Aussie health regulations require the asparagus sauce to be tossed after two hours at room temp - the restaurant owners claimed ignorance of the rules but admitted that their practice was to toss it after four hours.

Guess who is going to get the blame for it! :LOL:

Ignorance is no excuse according to the law, but what I dislike is that if you ask a health inspector a question he/she simply says "Look up the act", they will not offer up any advise nor quote the act to you for fear of litigation.

sorta like a moderater berating a member for possibly asking a question in a post? i'm still not sure if babe's post is a question, or statement of fact.

relax, i won't leave this post up very long.

I'm having a lot of trouble believing the numbers in this article. 9.8 million parts per 10 million, is 98% contamination and 2% food.

I seriously doubt that is even possible.

Be nice to see the actual coroner's report

Oh. This is about something totally different than what I thought.
I thought the quickest way to kill a restaurant was for someone here to post that they are reusing the customers' salads.... :ohmy:
:LOL:

That's just horrible.

When I first saw the title, I thought "I can think of a bunch of ways to kill a kitchen pretty quick... but they probably involved information the mods or homeland security wouldn't want me posting... :angel:"

But to see someone actually die... and to see that the operators openly admit to not knowing the safety standard??? :sick:

That's just horrible.

But to see someone actually die... and to see that the operators openly admit to not knowing the safety standard??? :sick:

I don't think the first article is correct. The standard is 4 hours according to the coroner.

They knew the standard, they just didn't follow it.

Oh my god, this is totally horrible and definitely a bad nightmare to those unfortunate patrons who dined at the so Called "Award winning" restaurant...

I'm also truly shocked about the enormous amount of bacteria which consist 9.8 million out of 10 million here!

Unbelievable indeed...

I'm also truly shocked about the enormous amount of bacteria which consist 9.8 million out of 10 million here!

Unbelievable indeed...

Unbelievable because it isn't true. It is 9.8 million colony forming units per gram. The range for contamination is 100,000 to 100 million colony forming units, so this is in the less than 10% range of the scale.

This may explain why only two others reported any symptoms at all and they were minor.

Sadly, this older gentleman had a worse than normal reaction to the toxin and died of a ruptured stomach due to his violent vomiting.

The restaurant will in all likelihood be out of business soon due to lack of costumers and the effects of the lawsuit that will probably be filed.

sorta like a moderater berating a member for possibly asking a question in a post? i'm still not sure if babe's post is a question, or statement of fact.

relax, i won't leave this post up very long.

Actually, Bucky, I was demonstrating that I am no authority on Australian health and food laws and pointing to the only source of reference I had on the subject in trying to answer what I thought might have been a legitimate question by a fellow DC member.

This may be a silly question but I am now concerned with using a crockpot. Wouldn't the same rule apply about time?

This may be a silly question but I am now concerned with using a crockpot. Wouldn't the same rule apply about time?

I think the issue here is the sauce was let cool to room temp, then most likely put in a cool room, then reheated the next day. They did this for several days if the article and my memory are correct.

Back
Top Bottom