Varmints!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dawgluver said:
I like snakes and spiders, not so much in the house probably. Add frogs and toads, walking sticks, and other creepy crawlies.

Love hearing the owls at night.

I have found walking sticks in the house. Not sure how they got in. Maybe the door was left open or something. They are fun little things to watch.
We have desert toads here. my grandsons like to watch them eat.

Natural predators may have kept the population down as they do for me. At night here, it sounds like an Owl Chorus out there. They eat anything that dares to show itself.

I love listening to them at night. Each one has a specific Hoot. I've learned to tell them apart.

lol, i can picture claire and the colonel hooting and doing a chicken dance every night...

tim, snakes are neither evil nor slimy. actually, they're shiny but smooth and dry. without them, you'd be out there every night hooting too.

but seriously, besides a cat, i've heard goood things about those electronic devices for everything from bugs to voles.

I've been told chickens eat snakes...we only have garter (garden?) snakes, but once when I brought in wood for the woodstove, a baby snake crawled out! I was very disappointed the dogs didn't get it. I made the DH come out the next day and take apart the wood stack that was in the house and take it outside. I'm waiting to see what the girls do with a snake...I've seen them play mouseball...hmmm...if I see a mouse in the house, maybe I need a chicken in the house to catch mice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom