What are the best kitchen Tupperware to use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justinejooste

Assistant Cook
Im not sure which tupperware to buy due to quality ,so i am a bit confused when it comes to lunch boxes. I usually place my lunch and salads in normal bowls and stash it away in the refrigerator and it goes off. I am here to find out which tupperware are the best.:chef:

The lettuce keeper and the celery keeper are excellent products that really keep these items fresher for much longer than other storage methods. Great for singles like me or for 2 person households.

I use round bowls with a lid that has a vent you can open or close. This is meant to be used to "steam" things in the microwave, but they work great to store food that needs to "breathe"

The lettuce keeper and the celery keeper are excellent products that really keep these items fresher for much longer than other storage methods. Great for singles like me or for 2 person households.
+1

I've used the lettuce keeper for years. My brother threw out my parents' (he thought it was unsanitary). I went to the local thrift shop and bought them another one because my father lamented that the lettuce wasn't keeping as long. I love my celery keeper as well.

Just went to the tupperware site. They don't list either a lettuce keeper or a celery keeper. guess they don't offer them anymore. Disapointed, sigh...

If it doesn't stack or going into the dishwasher, pass it by. Frankly I'm all tuppered out.

The only problem with my beloved Lock'nLock storage is that they do not stack. But, they are the best thing I ever used.

I buy disposable Rubbermaid "Takealongs" to take things that will be left. With the LnL, I have them chained to my waist.

The only problem with my beloved Lock'nLock storage is that they do not stack. But, they are the best thing I ever used.

I buy disposable Rubbermaid "Takealongs" to take things that will be left. With the LnL, I have them chained to my waist.
When I sold Tupperware several years ago, one of the first things they taught us is that you don't loan Tupperware because you'll never get it back! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Food safety tip

I love my Lock'n Locks and track my left-overs by counting what containers I have not used. If I still have a bunch in the cabinet I know I'm not in left-over trouble.
My food safety tip: blue painter's tape. I keep a roll in my handiest drawer to label left-overs with contents and date. No guessing! When I change container sizes I simply strip off the tape and apply it to the new container. No left-overs go back into the fridge without a label.

Another tool I use a lot is the reusable/resealable vacuum bags. Perfect for cheese, bacon, sausage, and even a few veggies. Before trying these I was vacuum sealing everything with a Foodsaver; what a pain!

I really wanted a set of vintage tupperware measuring cups, you know the kind with the 2/3 cup, and the 3/4 cup measures that stack. My boss found me a set and I'm thrilled. I have a whole bunch of different measuring cups, but these are my favorites. I trust the measurements done with them. I have two sets of very similar stainless steel cups and noticed that one has slightly larger measures than the other. I was getting inconsistent oatmeal in the morning, sometimes dry (like I like it) and sometimes wet, and I started comparing cups and realized that the cheap set that looked like the better set was a larger measure!

When I see vintage tupperware in good condition in a thrift store, I buy it, if it's something I need. It seems to survive the dishwasher just fine.

I have two 30 gallon plastic trash bags full of tupperware that I cannot use because it takes up too much room in my pantry. Very disappointing but limited space. I bought some narrow stackable rubbermaids for my flours, sugars, etc. There is no way I am parting with my tupperware. I know its value.

I have two 30 gallon plastic trash bags full of tupperware that I cannot use because it takes up too much room in my pantry. Very disappointing but limited space. I bought some narrow stackable rubbermaids for my flours, sugars, etc. There is no way I am parting with my tupperware. I know its value.

Actually, it's value is nil if you are not using it.

When I sold Tupperware several years ago, one of the first things they taught us is that you don't loan Tupperware because you'll never get it back! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Barbara, my sister had a cabinet dedicated just to her Tupperware. She had a chart of the inside of the door and when she loaned or sent food out, she wrote down the name and date. When it came back she would cross it off. If it didn't come back in a reasonable time, she would track you down and get it back.

Personally, I hate plastic in my kitchen. I try to avoid it as much as I can. My daughter will send me a meal in one of her TW bowls, and I can't get it back to her fast enough. If you don't own a dishwasher, it is impossible to get it completely clean. :angel:

lyndalou said:
My favorite is the 1/2 gallon ice cream keeper. No more ice crystals on my ice cream.

This one is also my favorite! Works great! I have always liked Tupperware. They also make some pretty cool toys. The shape sorter has been around forever.

You and I sing off the same sheet of music so often. I feel that if you haven't used something in a couple of years, give it to Goodwill.

And that goes for those clothes in the back of the closet you swear you are going to fit into again someday. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom