Corn Pudding help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themonkeytree

Senior Cook
Hello everyone, I know this is late to be asking questions about corn pudding but I am hoping to get some help. I have looked at recipes online and some call for cheese, while others do not. My mom says there is so much cream, butter, and cheese in other stuff that I should just make a simple corn pudding and not have cheese in it. Any ideas on what I should do. If you have any easy corn pudding recipes I would appreciate it. Thanks!!

I have mine (scalloped corn is one name, Corn Casserole is another, or Corn Pudding in some places in the north east U.S.) on the counter as I type this:

2 cans of cream-style corn
2 pkgs. (tubes) of saltine crackers
3/4 cup of diced onion.
3 eggs
3/4 cup of milk
2 tbls. of softened butter.
Garlic powder
Celery salt

Combine eggs, milk and cream-style corn - mix well.
Add crushed crackers, onion and spices. - mix well.
Liberally butter a casserole dish. Pour in mixture and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Enjoy.

I made scalloped corn the other day: frozen farmer's market corn (which I scraped the cobs really well), thawed; cream, saltines, pepper, grated onion, egg. Saltines/butter on top.

This is quite interesting. I never heard of cheese or onion in corn pudding.
The corn pudding I grew up with was basically a custard mixed with corn, slightly sweet and baked until the custard is set and lightly browned.
I will have to try cheese and onion in my corn pudding.

Here's a recipe for a corn casserole that we love:

1 can whole kernel corn, drained (I use niblets)
1 can cream style corn
1/2 stick melted butter
1 cup sour cream
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
2 eggs

Mix all together, pour into buttered 8 x 12 glass casserole dish, bake at 350 for about 40 to 45 minutes. Will get nice and brown on top.

I am always trying new recipes and rarely like them, but this one was a very welcome... Even better the second day. I added a bit of sugar to the recipe, and topped the.

My "recipe" is very similar to Selkie's.

I use one can of whole kernel corn and one can of creamed corn.

I also like to add some chopped red bell pepper or a small can of chopped green chiles for some color and a bit of extra flavor.

This a nice for breakfast or brunch with some ham and eggs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom