Creamy Sausage and Potato Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovestoeat

Assistant Cook
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Creamy Sausage and Potato Soup[/FONT]
source: www.fusionrecipe.com

[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]A spicy creamy sausage soup full of flavor from a medley of vegetables and herbs simmered to perfection. [/FONT]

[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Ingredients:[/FONT]

[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]1 cup potatoes[/FONT]
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]1 medium onion[/FONT]
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]3 cloves garlic[/FONT]
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]1 cup chorizo sausage ( or hot italian sausage or any spicy sausage)[/FONT]
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]1 cup milk (whole or 2%)[/FONT]
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]salt/pepper[/FONT]
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]3 cups chicken broth[/FONT]
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]1 cup peas (frozen ok)[/FONT]
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]1-2 carrots[/FONT]
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]2 ribs celery[/FONT]
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]1 zucchini[/FONT]
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]1 tsp thyme[/FONT]
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]1 tsp oregano[/FONT]
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]2-3 tbsp vegetable oil[/FONT]

[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Directions:[/FONT]
  1. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]If raw, bake sausage in oven at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until almost fully cooked. Save sausage drippings for soup.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Dice all vegetables and sausage.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Fry onion, garlic in oil until slightly browned[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Add potato and fry until a little starchy[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Add sausage and stir until slightly browned. [/FONT]
  6. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Add diced carrots, celery, zucchini, peas, thyme and oregano. Add sausage drippings.[/FONT]
  7. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Add chicken broth and let boil once.[/FONT]
  8. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Add salt/pepper to taste.[/FONT]
  9. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Let simmer for 1 hr if possible for best flavor.[/FONT]
  10. [FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Serve with grilled cheese sandwich or crackers.[/FONT]
Looking for an easier version of this recipe? Click on http://fusionrecipe.com/index.php?v...e-and-potato-soup&option=com_content&Itemid=2

i actually used hot italian sausages, since that was what i had in my fridge. you could use chorizo - i assume when you say "soft kind" you meant raw, and not smoked? i like the raw kind, i dont particularly like the smoked flavor and i think that the raw kind has more natural flavors to add to the soup. but you could use either one, depending on your taste and preference.

Back
Top Bottom