Crockpot-pureeing beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

musiclvr56

Assistant Cook
I am a beginner cook and make a vegetarian minestrome soup-use water, not broth. I don't like the taste of beans but just read you can puree them. How do I do this? Thanks!

Just put them in a food processor or blender and go. Pureeing beans will make then into a smooth paste but you will still be able to taste them.

Edited post: I am a beginner cook and make a vegetarian minestrome soup in a crockpot-beans, diced tomatoes, kale, carrots, onions, spices and I put water on the top I have been using canned kidney beans which I don't love, but want to continue to use them- just read you can puree them. How do I do this? If I put the beans in a blender is the liquid in the can enough or will I need water?

Last edited:
If your using a specific amount of water in the soup, just ladle some out of the soup into the blender with the beans , then dump it all back into the soup after blended. This way the proportions won't change.

That being said, the blended beans will add a thickness to the soup, so you may need to add a little extra water to the recipe to get the consistency you are looking for.

Sometimes soups with just water taste a little empty to me, so I add a vegetable bouillon, or vegetable broth in place of the water for a fuller taste.

If your dietary rules allow, a sprinkle of parmesan at the end when eating will also fill up the flavor, or , sometimes i even blend a little parmesan up with the beans so the entire broth is infused with the parmesan taste ( or just toss a parmesan rind in the soup as its cooking).

Also, nothing wrong with using kidney beans, but when you puree them, they can make like a weird purplish color which doesn't affect the taste at all. usually, Ill use the kidney beans whole, but when I puree a bean I go with a white bean. ( strictly cosmetic).

Back
Top Bottom