ISO soup with greens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
I am looking for a soup with Kale?

I am thinking, ham stock with a little ham added at the end.

Canned White beans, and sauteed veggies, some stewed tomatos?

Lots of water and spices, becuase I want it to be real souppy, not like ham beans...

Thanks, Eric austin tx.

I am looking for a soup with Kale?

I am thinking, ham stock with a little ham added at the end.

Canned White beans, and sauteed veggies, some stewed tomatos?

Lots of water and spices, becuase I want it to be real souppy, not like ham beans...

Thanks, Eric austin tx.

What you have written sounds divine, just make sure the kale is sauteed and boiled until tender, chop it small.

I am looking for a soup with Kale?...
Are you wanting to use kale because 1) you bought some and need to use it up? 2) you like kale? or 3) you feel compelled to use it since it is so nutritious? If it's #3, all greens are very nutritious. I always use swiss chard or collard greens whenever a recipe calls for kale. Kale isn't the only super-green, it just has a better press agent. :LOL:

This isn't a ham soup (it's chicken broth), but it is very good and uses greens (your choice). Chickpea and Romaine Soup with Golden Vermicelli I've made it with romaine lettuce, spinach, and swiss chard at different times. It was a winner all three ways. It's a great cold-weather soup or if-you-have-a-cold soup. Just be careful when sauteing the dry spaghetti noodles - they go from white to dark brown fast!

If you want to make a dish using ham, beans, and greens, you can make a yummy dish simmering the ham (or ham bone, or ham hock) and your greens of choice in a stock pot/dutch oven with enough broth to cover the greens. When the greens are almost ready, toss in your drained beans. If you want it soupier, just add more broth.

Back
Top Bottom