ISO TNT Cow Feet Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoot

Executive Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Mrs Hoot and I stopped in at the Piggly-Wiggly down the road yesterday. They carry a fair selection of meat from various critters, but this was the first time I ever saw cow feet. If I could run up on a real good recipe, I might be inclined to try 'em. Misfortunately, Mrs Hoot has indicated that she wants no part of this.I have read that it is somewhat common in the Caribbean. I was just wonderin' if anyone here has some good advice about this.

I have never eaten it but, calves foot jelly used to be fed to sick people because of the high nutritional value that comes from the skin and joints. Google has many recipes for it. I myself would move along down the meat case and find another part to work with.

I think the feet are used to make beef broth for Vietnamese Pho' Noodles (My favorite soup these days). You might try googeling that.

I'm always up for trying new stuff. You should try Beef Tongue if the store has it! Really good in Tacos..

Eric, Austin Tx.

just the thought of where those feet have been standing in for the life of the animal just no way they could get clean enough for me, same for pigs feet ewwww
I grew up a country girl but not that country.

Once I bought "hooves" for the dogs. The house smelt like a barn. Never again, although the dogs enjoyed the hooves, I didn't.

Back
Top Bottom