Need inspiration.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kelly-anne

Assistant Cook
Have big pot of chicken stock preparing on the hob this evening that I'm making from left overs.
Any one wish to share they're own use for chicken stock? :chef:

Personally, I like to make some sort of soup with it.

One of my favorite chicken soups has all the standards in it i.e., carrots, onion, celery, but I also like to add cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, corn, and green beans.

Hey, we're thinking alike - I just told dh that even though the weather's hot (high 90s) I'm making chicken soup tomorrow. I just use green onions, garlic, chicken, s&p, carrots, celery, potatoes, parsnip, a little curry spice, and whatever herbs I'm growing get thrown in. (especially lots of italian parsley)

Other things with homemade chicken stock...I like to use it to cook my egg noodles in, so they are extra tasty. Then I cut the chicken into small pieces, and plate. The stock gets some butter, flour, cream, & pepper to make a chicken gravy to put over the noodles.

I also cook wild rice in chicken stock and feed it to my doggie whenever she's got a tummy ache (works every time!)

AND, don't forget you can cook couscous in it or tabbouleh. I use it for French Onion Soup too - use half chicken stock and half beef stock with a bit of Port and Burgundy thrown in - maybe just 1/4 cup each for pretty big stockpot full.

Chicken Stock Uses:

1. Soups: Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken with Rice Soup
Chicken with Barley Soup
Chicken & Dumpling Soup
Hot & Sour Soup
Egg-Drop Soup
Cream of Chicken Soup
2. Rice Pilaf cooked in Chicken Stock/Broth
3. Risoto made with Chicken Stock/Broth
4. Pineapple Sweet & Sour Sauce started with Chicken Stock/Broth
5. Spagheti Noodles cooked in Chicken Stock/Broth with mushrooms and onions
6. Chicken Gravy
7. Veloute' Sauce
8. Use Chicken Stock/Broth in place of dairy products in mashed potatoes
9. a good steaming cup of chicken stock/broth with a bit of chives and pepper
10. Rotini cooked in Stock/broth and mixed with brocoli (sp) and butter
11. Chill and use the resultant aspic as a garnish for other, complimentary foods.

That should give you a few ideas to play with. In a short time, other members will add their ideas and you will have more than you know what to do with.:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Did chicken soup just yesterday. I used KE's usual suspects plus some barley and egg noodles.
If you buy whole chicken and cut it yourself, chicken soup is tasty and inexpensive. Just save the backs, necks, etc...

ahh Chicken Stock

how I love thee,
Let me count the ways....

What Dont I use it for,

soups, Rice type cooking, seafood, base of shrimp stock, mussels, deglazing the list goes on and on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom