Pineapple Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aunt Bea

Master Chef
This casserole always used to appear on the table a day or two after Easter, with a platter of leftover ham slices.

I think it is a nice addition to a brunch. It can be made the night before and popped in the oven to bake while the coffee is brewing and the ham is sizzling.

I hope you will give it a try!

[FONT=&quot]Pineapple Casserole[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]½ cup butter[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]½ cup granulated sugar[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 eggs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 15 ounce can of crushed pineapple or pineapple tidbits, including juice[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4 cups of day old bread cubes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs one at a time. Fold in pineapple and juice. Gently fold in bread cubes. Place half of the mixture in a buttered casserole, sprinkle on half of the cheese. Add remaining mixture and top with remaining cheese. Let stand for at least 30 minutes or refrigerate overnight . Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.[/FONT]

This casserole always used to appear on the table a day or two after Easter, with a platter of leftover ham slices.

I think it is a nice addition to a brunch. It can be made the night before and popped in the oven to bake while the coffee is brewing and the ham is sizzling.

[FONT=&quot]1 15 ounce can of crushed pineapple or pineapple tidbits, including juice[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs one at a time. Fold in pineapple and juice. Gently fold in bread cubes. Place half of the mixture in a buttered casserole, sprinkle on half of the cheese. Add remaining mixture and top with remaining cheese. Let stand for at least 30 minutes or refrigerate overnight . Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.[/FONT]

Oooooohhhh ... going to have try this .. thanks for the share !!

I had this at the Thanksgiving luncheon at my partner's work. I thought that it was a weird dish, but tried it anyway. It was delicious!

I need to have a dinner party with weird, but tasty foods. My grandmother's lime jello salad with pineapple, mayonnaise, cream cheese and whipped cream will be there, I love that stuff.

Last edited:
I had this at the Thanksgiving luncheon at my partner's work. I thought that it was a weird dish, but tried it anyway. It was delicious!

I need to have a dinner party with weird, but tasty foods. My grandmother's lime jello salad with pineapple, mayonnaise, cream cheese and whipped cream will be there, I love that stuff.

A couple of years ago we had a cookout using recipes from the late 50's and early 60's that were odd and relied heavily on processed foods. Sort of a better living through chemistry theme. Everyone dressed the part and it was a fun inexpensive party with lots of awful food! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Went to a Halloween party with a similar theme, I brought the lime jello thingy, and a chiffon cake. They were both a hit! Everyone was reluctant to try the lime jello salad, but by the end of the party it was gone!

This is truly a remarkable recipe Bea, and it's often requested. The first time I made it many years ago it was hard to believe how good it was, and now it's a family favorite. I refrigerate it overnight, as I think it really does wonders for the texture. Yumm yumm yumm:yum:.....thanks for the reminder.

We use a similar recipe that includes walnuts. I think ours uses sour cream instead of cream cheese, and its all blended together and set in a ring mold. We all called it seabreeze salad. I just know that it's an absolute favorite of everyone who has tried it.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom