What goes with French Onion Soup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bamagurl89

Assistant Cook
Im making my meal plan. I have decided that we are going to have French Onion Soup one night for dinner. What goes good with it?

Thank you

Bamagurl

Welcome to Discuss Cooking bamagurl.

For me, a properly cooked French Onion Soup is worthy of being a meal in itself.
I just serve some kind of a glorified green salad with it.

Last edited:
Welcome to Discuss Cooking bamagurl.

For me, a properly cooked French Onion Soup is worthy of being a meal in itself.
I just serve some kind of a glorified green salad with it.

Wlcome

I agree with you Kayelle. A good Chef's Salad. When I want to serve a salad that they can't forget, I go along the prouce department and let my mind loose. Radishes, cukes, a different type of lettuce other than iceberg, grape tomatoes, anything that catches my fancy. For the cukes, I peel it so that every other line when sliced is green and it looks stripe. I also run a fork down the cuke all around it. I slice the radishes really thin and remove some of the skin on them also. Shredded carrots done on the box grater. I want the salad to be colorful as well as tasty. :chef:

Whenever I eat French onon soup it seems to preclude a nice rare piece of beef. And that precludes a nicely made Black Russian for "dessert". It is one of those things I never vary from.

Im making my meal plan. I have decided that we are going to have French Onion Soup one night for dinner. What goes good with it?

Thank you

Bamagurl

Maybe some tasty side dishes, such as potato salad, french fries, olives.... :yum:

Good Afternoon,

Thanks very much for posting ...

To begin with: I would definitely go French here. French baguette or French style Baguette for the Croutons and French Raclette Cheese ... Then, if we were still hungry I would go with:

Green Asparagus Salad with hazelnuts and tarragon Vinaigrette ( which provides a vegetable and complete meal with the French Onion Soup ):

1 pound green fresh asparagus trimmed
1/4 cup scallion or spring onion or shallot
3 tblsp Tarragon Vinegar
7 tblps Evoo
4 cups baby lettuces / curly varieites and 1 which is magenta serrated
1/4 cup hazel nuts husked, toasted and coarsely chopped

For the Vet: a broccoli quiche and his French onion soup ...

Interesting post.
Thanks.
Margi.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom