"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles

Old 10-10-2004, 06:38 AM   #1
Master Chef

Winter Entertaining Idea

One time I had a freind over for dinner who was, shall we say, suffering from a bit of cocktail flu. So for dinner I made three courses of soup. It was such a hit that I now own three soup tureens so I can do it again. I choose wildly diverse soups -- one may be a light, Asian broth type soup, another something like split pea, chili, or Portuguese bean, and something in between. I set the table with a coffee cup on top of a cereal-type bowl on top of a pasta-type bowl, and put all three tureens on at one time, and all can choose which soups they want for what course. Put out both a great loaf of french bread and some saltine type crackers, some cheese and butter. people love this ... very much comfort food.

Old 10-10-2004, 11:31 AM   #2

sounds like a good idea! I think everyone likes soup, chowder, or chili this time of year.

Tags
None