Wrong broth!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maraki1818

Assistant Cook
Hi!

I accidentally used beef broth instead of chicken in a chicken soup... is it going to taste really weird?

Freaking out a little!

I don't think it will make much difference! :yum:

eat_more_beef_chicken.jpg

Last edited:
It will be fine. A slightly stronger flavor perhaps but I'm sure it will still be delicious. You could always quickly cook a few diced vegetables of your choice ( or what you have hanging around,) and a bit of fried onion and HEY PRESTO! wholesome vegetable soup. No apologies or excuses needed. ;)

Hi!

I accidentally used beef broth instead of chicken in a chicken soup... is it going to taste really weird?

Freaking out a little!
Not nearly as weird as when I did the same thing with fish stock in chicken soup!. After that I learned to label things I put in the freezer!

Seriously, I wouldn't worry. The other ingredients will compensate for the beef stock and mellow the flavour. Just serve it up and say nothing and they won't know.

Hi!

Freaking out a little!

Not weird at all unless you continue to call it chicken soup. Maybe you should call it beef and chicken soup and have an answer ready when someone asks, "Where's the beef?"

If you combine equal amounts of beef and chicken broth, you will have a mock veal broth. It is a little stronger then chicken, but not as overtaking as beef. I have done this many times.

Veal bones are very hard to find. So this is a second choice. And should you in error use the wrong broth, as our first poster did, you can correct it very easily to a pleasant tasting broth. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom