Buying spices online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought from Penzeys online for years until they opened a store near me. Now I go there to shop.

I have only bought spices online once from Spice Sage and liked it. I got 2 free 1 oz. gifts with my order and free shipping.

Your site seems t have good price on peppercorn blend which I like. Thank you I will try it next time I need to order.

Last edited:
It looks like a nice site.

I too am a Penzeys fan, and used to order online. Now when we visit my brother, we hit up the store and I go a bit nuts. It smells so good!

Last edited:
Another Penzys fan here, I ordered online from them before they opened up a store here, they always included a free sample. Now there is often a coupon for a free something that you can take into the store. I love that place!

I've added it to my favorites to comparison shop when I'm ready to make another order. Unfortunately, the site doesn't seem to have free shipping now, though.

Penzeys spices plus shipping isn't cheap.

The best place to buy inexpensive good spices is at ethnic grocery stores. Indian, Middle Eastern, Asian, etc. Walk in the door and the aromas are amazing!

I agree that Penzey's is great. They always include a free sample and the catalog includes a coupon for a free item you can use in the store or online. Look for the coupon code to use online.

Also, anytime I buy something online, I do a search for the item or company name and "coupon code." There's usually some kind of discount or freebie.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...-browser&q=penzeys+coupon+codes+free+shipping

I'm on my phone - not sure how to make a link.

Last edited:
Penzeys spices plus shipping isn't cheap.

The best place to buy inexpensive good spices is at ethnic grocery stores. Indian, Middle Eastern, Asian, etc. Walk in the door and the aromas are amazing!
If you use large quantities or have like minded people to share with, Penzeys prices can be reasonable.

Last edited:
I'm rapidly approaching the time for another run to their local store. I often tie it in with a run to the Armenian markets in Watertown. One loop and I've covered all the bases.

Add another to the Panzy's camp. I really have never even thought to look elsewhere. The store in Falls Church is fantastic too, so it's great to just bop on down the road.

Great suggestion on the ethnic markets, they often have good prices.

I just like the variety that Penzys has, multiple cinnamons and some of their blends are fantastic. I'm hooked on their Pacific fine sea salt, it is just the right fine grind and sticks to popcorn really well, and just has a clean flavor.

I'm hooked on their cocoa powders as well, much richer tasting than what's usually found in grocery stores.

Their sandwich sprinkle is so delicious on veggies!

Can you tell that I'm a penzys addict?

I find their prices are often better than McCormics, and they offer a variety of sizes, need just a small jar, they have it, need a big pouch, you can get that same item in a much larger quantity.

Last edited:
Another Penzey's fan here. :) I love their Arizona Dreaming and Mural of Flavor, and that so many of their blends are salt free. They also have great customer service.

We have a Penzey's down the road, so I go there quite a bit. One tip when buying from Penzey's: save the jar and refill with their bulk packages, which come in plastic bags. It's a LOT less expensive than buying a new jar every time.

Back
Top Bottom