Cardamom recipes wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's good in sugar cookies. It goes well with cinnamon, nutmeg, mace and cloves. It's really good with vanilla, lemon or lime. It's a great addition to a home made curry spice mix. I also love it with beef, allspice, corriander, cloves and black pepper in a stew.

Scandinavian recipes come to mind.

The pods will last indefinitely, from what I've read. Then break them open and crush the seeds. We have some great Scandinavian cooks here!

Last edited:
The green and black cardamom pods are used in the Indian dish, butter chicken.

Also in Rogan josh, almost all of the northern stews, and the seeds are used in poppadom, and Dosa(Scroll)...the Indian HUGE rolled, stuffed crepe.

Makes a lovely addition to Ice cream or Sorbet too, for either dessert or intermezzo.

Teas, Coffees, pulled teas, Chai, lassi. . .the uses are numerous, and plenty.

Anywhere you can think citrus, you can think cardamom.

Isn't it funny that it's Indian and Scandinavian cuisines that are big on cardamom? They really have so little in common.

There is a Russian bakery in seattle that has the most amazing cardamom apple pastries. My favorite is like a cinnamon roll but made with grannie smith apples and cardamom. They also have a cardamom braid that is wonderful.

I make a tart occasionally with the same flavors.
Puff pastry in a large square
thinly sliced apples dredged in sugar, cardamon and cinnamon, arranged in rows on pastry
butter drizzled on
baked and then painted with orange marmalade, and topped off with a salted caramel sauce

Yummy

I put Cardamom bits and Coriander seeds in with my mixed pepper corns for fresh grind. Lovely!

Oh! What a great idea! :chef: :yum:

I buy a container of pink, green, red and black pepper corns and mix them with the coriander and cardamom...I have yet to find something it does not enhance. I use it almost exclusively for finishing pepper on dishes. I think you would like it!

PrincessFiona60 said:
I buy a container of pink, green, red and black pepper corns and mix them with the coriander and cardamom...I have yet to find something it does not enhance. I use it almost exclusively for finishing pepper on dishes. I think you would like it!

This sounds wonderful! Thanks, PF!

PrincessFiona60 said:

That does sound really good. I'm going to have to try that once I get a job.

I love cardamon. I grind it and put in waffle batter, stir fries, and on a glass of ice cold buttermilk (I also put freshly ground black pepper on buttermilk--buttermilk is a great probiotic). I've mix ground cardamon and lemon zest in with Greek yogurt.

Thanks Princess Fiona....I will add that to my pepper grinder too.

I like to float some fresh ground cardamom on top of a cup of hot tea. Delicious!

I use cardamom all the time almost daily in my food.
Yesterday in my rice I had cardamom, cinnamon stick, whole cloves, black mustard seeds, and bay leaf and ghee (butter) and it Amazing!

I also make tea with it. I put ginger, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon all whole and black tea and water with some milk or tb of cream.

I am like obsessed with cardamom so if you need any recipes or ideas let me know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom