Ginger, fresh-ground:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, it does soak up some of it. But if anything, it adds to the flavor (you cut the chunks large enough that they aren't like sushi ginger, pickled through). The liquid you immerse them in is delicious as well. When you get down to that last chunk, you take the sherry in the jar and toss it into some soy based marinade and have a barbecue!

Yes, it does soak up some of it. But if anything, it adds to the flavor (you cut the chunks large enough that they aren't like sushi ginger, pickled through). The liquid you immerse them in is delicious as well. When you get down to that last chunk, you take the sherry in the jar and toss it into some soy based marinade and have a barbecue!

come off it.......shave the dickens out of it..........and add it to whatever you want to..........the fresher the better......................if you cahnt'
,then freeze the thing..........
ttt

and Claire I'm not picking on you........really I'm not........it's just that ginger over here is so dear.........you'd swear you were giving up your first born child..........pickled ginger is like unheard over here........please don't be offendeded by anything that I said.......but it really is hard sometimes to live here........please understand.......

That would only be true if you liked Sherry. I can't stand the stuff. I think I'll just freeze it instead.

Back
Top Bottom