Herb drying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The traditional way is to tie them by the stems in small bunches and hang them upside down from the rafters until they are dry.

It's also a good idea to place paper or some kind of container under them to catch the leaves that fall off early.

If I'm not using the dehydrater I usually bundle them and hang them upside down in the garage. My brother came over one time and saw them and asked me if I was trying to repel vampires. :ermm: :LOL:

The traditional way is to tie them by the stems in small bunches and hang them upside down from the rafters until they are dry.

It's also a good idea to place paper or some kind of container under them to catch the leaves that fall off early.

If I'm not using the dehydrater I usually bundle them and hang them upside down in the garage. My brother came over one time and saw them and asked me if I was trying to repel vampires. :ermm: :LOL:

yup.

The key is, full air circulation, dark, and "curing" them.

depending on your location, keep an eye on humidity, as fresh herbs can grow mold pretty quickly if in the wrong conditions.

Back
Top Bottom