ISO - Best Place To Buy Spices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sweetD

Assistant Cook
Where is the best place to purchase high quality spices and herbs? Or a high quality brand? Preferably on-line.

Penzeys is who I use. Check their website. They also have a number of stores scattered around the US.

I also vote for Penzeys. I do have a local spice merchant I like, but I've lived around the country, and Penzeys for on line purchases.

Thank you

I was thinking about asking the same question. I just bookmarked the website in my favorites. Thank you!!!

Penzeys, again! Online is easy, but if you ever get a chance to visit a store, you will love it. Smells wonderful just walking in, and all the spices and mixes are available to sniff, so you can choose which cinnamon appeals to your nose!

The great thing about a Penzey's store is that you can try most of their spices. For me, the nearest store (Madison, WI) is 90 miles away, and I'm a wimp for winter driving and have a babydog I'm still training, so don't want to leave her alone for an all-day affair. So it is nice to know that I've been to the store and sniffed and tasted, then I get their regular catalog (which has great stories and recipes to go with the spices, well worth getting on their snail-mail catalog list), then when I need something I can't get the same quality of here, I order on-line a couple times a year.

Another vote for Penzy's!

I ordered online from them and just last year they opened a store right near my house, and boy do I love that store!

I pretty much get all my spices from them now.

Back
Top Bottom