ISO Cajun seasoning brand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tim2245

Assistant Cook
I bought a can of cajun seasoning a long time ago from a walmart neighborhood market store. I cant remember the name of it anymore. I think it had a picture of a girl in pigtails on the label. Has anyone seen it or know thw name? Thanks in advance for your help.
tim2245

That one doesn't ring a bell with me either Tim.

However, I don't buy ready-made Cajun or Creole seasoning anymore. I make my own just by tweaking the "Emeril's Essence" (aka "Emeril's Creole Seasoning"). I love the fact that I can control (or eliminate completely) the obscene amount of salt the ready-made brands have in them. And/or increase the heat, garlic, etc., etc.

My computer is, for some reason, being difficult in allowing me to post the direct link to the recipe, but just go to www.foodnetwork.com & type in Emeril's Essence in the search box & the extremely easy recipe will come up. I just make a small batch & keep it in an old spice jar in the pantry. It virtually lasts forever.

tim2245 said:
... I think it had a picture of a girl in pigtails on the label.

LOL - sounds like the Wendy's logo!

WalMart does carry some Cajun seasonings - but they pretty much have pictures of guys or gators or crawfish or shrimps or crabs or just about anything but girls in pigtails on the labels.

Sorry - can't be of any more help on this one ...

I think it had a picture of a girl in pigtails on the label. Has anyone seen it or know thw name?

I have never seen that one. It may have been a private label. If you come up with your own brand there are a few companies around that will blend and package it for you. Its not that expensive but you have to be ready to buy quite a bit at one time.

I keep Tony's lite around (it has at lot less salt).

Perhaps I should come up with my own blend.......

This is the one we get locally, I think pronounced Tony "catch a ray"

It's quite good , but as above, quite salty, so use carefully

No pigtails though!

Eric, Austin Tx.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 258

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom