ISO help with fancy salts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i've 4 salts & also pink pepper that i'm uncertain 'bout.
-celtic grey, hawaiian, fleur de sal, & citrus seasalts.
i'm not sure what to sprinkle on what. jake suggested steaks, & i figure citrus with seafood.
advice would be appreciated. thanks, guys.

I saw earlier that VeraBlue was using black lava salt on a caprese salad. I use fleur de sel on quiche a lot, but it's really just a sea salt with no distinctive flavor, like citrus or the European black salt I have. Citrus would also go with chicken, depending on how it's prepared.

Have you tasted them as is? That might give you some ideas. Just experiment! Noting to be afraid of :alien:

All of these salts are strictly finishing salts. Anything that citrus goes with give the citrus salt a try. The gray salt (mine has huge chunks) is GREAT on tomatoes!! It's more a textural thing unless you are referring to the flavored salts. I used to have a chardonnay wood smoked salt - it was excellent as a finishing salt on steak. If you cook with these flavored salts all flavor will disappear.

thanks, guys. garlic, i'll taste them as is.
elf, i concur- i've only wanted to use them as finishing salts.
i'm gonna try your tomatoes with grey salt. with or without pepper, elfie?

i hear ya! pepper rules.
tomorrows lunch is 'maters with salt & losta coarse pepper, (thanks, elf), poached eggs, & toast.
hungry already!!

i hear ya! pepper rules.
tomorrows lunch is 'maters with salt & losta coarse pepper, (thanks, elf), poached eggs, & toast.
hungry already!!

I like to put my toast in a shallow bowl, (sometimes Canadian bacon next) place a thick slice of tomato on top of the toast, a few hunks of gray salt, place my poached egg on top of that, a few more grains of salt and lots of pepper. If you use the right bread you've got a good-for-you breakfast, even with the Canadian bacon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom