ISO Pepperoni Spice Blend recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
Have you ever wanted to add classic pepperoni flavor to a dish, but didn’t want to actually use pepperoni?

Spice blends are quite popular, it seems. Even the Colonel’s 11 herbs and spices have been somewhat unceremoniously leaked. Cajun spice blend, jerk spice blend, Greek spice blend.... Is there a spice blend inspired by the flavors in pepperoni that I can mix up at home?

I did do a quick google search, but none of the hits really stood out to me.

Looking forward to hearing any suggestions! (A pepperoni spice blend would be very tasty on popcorn, I think!)

The problem with obtaining that "pepperoni flavor" with a simple spice blend is that much of the flavor comes from the curing of the meat. When I was looking into making my own pepperoni, years ago, I was surprised at how little, in the way of spices was added to many of the recipes! Unfortunately, I did not have the facilities to cure this type of charcuterie for many months - just couldn't keep the temp. constant for that long.

So how many have tapioca maltodextrin in their pantry?

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Pepperoni Seasoning (Click)

Pepperoni Seasoning

Also known as: Pepperoni Blend

Origin: USA

Cuisines: Italian, American

Taste Adventures: Ground Pork, Ground Turkey, Ground Beef, Tofu, Eggs, Marinara Sauce, Roasted Vegetables, Chicken, Deviled Eggs, Pizza, Pasta Sauces

Ingredients: Paprika, Organic Garlic, Fennel, Guajillo Chile, Calabrian Chile, Sea Salt, Anise, Red Wine Vinegar Powder (Contains Vinegar, Non-GMO Corn Maltodextrin, Starch), Mustard, Organic Citric Acid

This seasoning is delicious mixed into ground pork, ground turkey or ground beef for the classic, spicy pepperoni flavor. Also try in a marinara sauce for pasta, on tofu or as a rub on chicken. Sprinkle on eggs or roasted vegetables for a zesty kick.

Purchasing Options

Ground

Net Wt.Container Price
1.3 oz./1/4 Cup Glass Jar $5.49
2.9 oz./1/2 Cup Glass Jar$9.99

Last edited:
Pepperoni Seasoning (Click)

Pepperoni Seasoning

Also known as: Pepperoni Blend

Origin: USA

Cuisines: Italian, American

Taste Adventures: Ground Pork, Ground Turkey, Ground Beef, Tofu, Eggs, Marinara Sauce, Roasted Vegetables, Chicken, Deviled Eggs, Pizza, Pasta Sauces

Ingredients: Paprika, Organic Garlic, Fennel, Guajillo Chile, Calabrian Chile, Sea Salt, Anise, Red Wine Vinegar Powder (Contains Vinegar, Non-GMO Corn Maltodextrin, Starch), Mustard, Organic Citric Acid

This seasoning is delicious mixed into ground pork, ground turkey or ground beef for the classic, spicy pepperoni flavor. Also try in a marinara sauce for pasta, on tofu or as a rub on chicken. Sprinkle on eggs or roasted vegetables for a zesty kick.

Purchasing Options

Ground

Net Wt.Container Price
1.3 oz./1/4 Cup Glass Jar $5.49
2.9 oz./1/2 Cup Glass Jar$9.99
I saw this when I did my quick google search. But red wine vinegar powder? That’s just too out there. And yeah, I don’t have any maltodextrine hanging out either!

I saw this when I did my quick google search. But red wine vinegar powder? That’s just too out there. And yeah, I don’t have any maltodextrine hanging out either!
I have burgundy wine powder and use it in salad dressings etc. it's not bad.

Jansal Valley Wine Powder, Burgundy, 8 Ounce
https://www.amazon.com/Jansal-Valley-Powder-Burgundy-Ounce/dp/B00BV1G7DQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=burgundy%2Bwine%2Bpowder&qid=1553981129&s=gateway&sr=8-1&th=1

Why can't I link to a website by clicking the world icon?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom