ISO Smoked Paprika Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQ Mikey

Sous Chef
I find it in many recipes and being used by master chefs. I can't find any at the local grocer, however.

How often do you use smoked paprika? How does it differ from the standard paprika I find at the store? What kinds of dishes do you use it on?

You won't be disappointed. I also use it in some of my rubs - there are many recipes that use it though.

Great stuff! Use it anywhere you'd use regular paprika for an added flavor component.

Shrinkle some on home fries or roast potatoes.

You can often find it in your supermarket spice aisle but it's usually on the bottome shelving in a tin.

Penzey's is better by a zillion miles though.

Not a paprika expert.

I'm guessing the paprika you buy in the store is Hungarian paprika, somewhat sweet, good for deviled eggs and chicken.

I have never bought smoked paprika.

I use another type - paprika from Mexico - to flavor meats and stews.

There are many kinds of paprika. You can research them. What you want to do and how much you want to pay will determine your choices.

Smoked Paprika butter and corn? Oh my that sounds good.
I think I have some Tilapia which I could put a few pinches.
Going to the grocery store today or tomorrow, hopefully I can find some smoked paprika, right now all I have is McCormicks Paprika, and I use it on alot of things, Wings, Potato Chips, Fries, and in a spice mix for grilling meats.

It is my favorite thing to buy from Penzys and I get a LOT of stuff from them. It is the ingredient in my burgers than no one can pick out, but everyone loves.

Back
Top Bottom