ISO Tarragon Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I think tarragon, I think Chicken dishes, then egg/omelet ones. Try searching for Chicken Tarragon...or Tarragon Chicken...

Have Fun!

Yep, definitely chicken, and pork too

Also, for something different, a good, grilled steak is yummy when topped with a tarragon/cream sauce.

Add see, my first thought is Salmon.

I love the combo of grapefruit and tarragon, makes a real zippy gastrique, or sorbet. Also plays well with kiwi.

For simple sauces, it goes anywhere you would use fine herbs, but depending on what kind of Tarragon. Spanish tends to be spicy.

Makes great compound butters for seafood too.

I have a recipe for a tarragon sauce to go over poached salmon, made with mayo, white wine vinegar, tarragon and salt (there might be more - that's all I can remember). PM me if you want the recipe and I'll post it.

My two favorite uses for tarragon is 1) stuffed into the cavity of a whole roasting chicken or used in a pan sauce for chicken breasts, & 2) chopped into mayonnaise along with a dash of tarragon vinegar & some minced garlic to accompany whole boiled chilled lobster.

Marinate some chicken breasts that have been sliced into strips in a combination chicken broth, white wine, and fresh tarragon. About 4 hours should do it.

Saute chicken, saute mushrooms, reduce some chicken stock with a few more sprigs of fresh tarragon a bit then thicken with a slurry, add back chicken and mushrooms (of course, salt and pepper accordingly), toss in your favorite pasta.

I love fresh tarragon on roasted beets with a little balsamic vinegar & goat cheese or feta.

I also make a vinaigrette with tarragon, honey, balsamic & olive oil.

I use dried tarragon with dried parsley and dried chives, some powdered mustard and salt and pepper in my flour to dust my (white) fish fillets with before frying in garlic butter. Yummo!!!!

I use Dried Tarragon as one of the seasonings in my Clam Chowder.

At work, we use Tarragon, fresh or dried, whichever we have, to make Bearnaise sauce, which is served with grilled Beef Tenderloin filets.

A few years ago, I tried growing some Tarragon. I did a web search looking for Tarragon recipes, and got lots of hits.

Oooh yes - Green Goddess salad dressing! Definitely one of my favorites.

I could cry when I think of the large bushy healthy plot of tarragon I had in my herb garden back in NY. So far have had no luck growing it here in VA - it just does not like the humidity here, which all summer turns the air into a solid substance. This year I'm thinking of trying some in large deck pots instead of in the ground.

Oooh yes - Green Goddess salad dressing! Definitely one of my favorites.

I could cry when I think of the large bushy healthy plot of tarragon I had in my herb garden back in NY. So far have had no luck growing it here in VA - it just does not like the humidity here, which all summer turns the air into a solid substance. This year I'm thinking of trying some in large deck pots instead of in the ground.

I've never had an herb grow better in a pot than in the ground. I've got a recipe for Green Goddess that uses avocado - if I get my rear in gear this would be good tonight to have with dinner - if I can decide what I'm having tonight for dinner that is :blush:

Normally I'd agree re: the ground-planting vs. container-planting of herbs, but I'm going to give it a try with tarragon for 3 reasons:

1) One small plant per 14" inch clay pot will be more than enough room, & I can use a custom mix of well-draining medium.

2) I can easily cover or move the pots in the event that we're having one of our frequent spells of daily thunderstorms - tarragon does not like being wet all the time.

3) Our deck is much much higher than ground level & thus has more air movement - even on stifling humid days - & since high humidity & excess moisture seem to be my biggest problem with this plant, this might just do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom