Lavender for cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I spent two weeks in an old farmhouse in Provence once. The house shared a wall with the barn where they stored the lavender harvesting equipment. Everything sort of had to go with lavender.

(Could have been worse. Their other "crop" was donkeys.)

GLC said:
I spent two weeks in an old farmhouse in Provence once. The house shared a wall with the barn where they stored the lavender harvesting equipment. Everything sort of had to go with lavender.

(Could have been worse. Their other "crop" was donkeys.)

Lol. I would deffinitely prefer the lavendar to donkey.

And look at what just happened to be the latest upload @ Foodgawker!

Lemon Lavender Tea Cakes
846739.jpeg

These look yummy................and I even have the mini bundt pans

I once made lavender cookies. I steeped and strained the lavender in milk or cream called for in a simple butter sugar cookie recipe.

Never did it but determined to make lavender ganache for truffles using same steeping method. All my truffles always melt....maybe Miami beach climate?

you can use dry lavender making apple marmelade.
ty 1 teaspoon dry lavender for 3 kilograms apples.

-Lavender - honey creamy salad dressing

1 teaspoon of dried Culinary provence lavender (be careful - if you use too much it can be bitter. ...you can always add more
2 foom temp eggs
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon of course grain mustad
3 or 4 tablespoons of honey
6 tablespoons of virgin oilive oil
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract

whisk all ingredients together...let stand for about 30-minutes to allow the flavors to infuse....whisk again..TASTE you may want to strain the lavender bits & pieces thru a cheescloth so they are not visible--up to you..TASTE again, you may want to add moree honey...

Keep in sealed container in coldest part of your fridge

note: if you don't want to use the lavender bits & pieces you could make it into a lavender oil by adding the fresh/dried lavender sprigs in a blend of olive oil & small amount of vegetable oil, then strain it thru a cheese cloth....

I get my "culinary" lavender from Hood River Lavender . com in Odell, Oregon.....1-888-528-3276

Let me know what you think....a little lavendeer goes a long way

I usually freeze in small containers this salad dressing

Back
Top Bottom