Lawry's Seasoned Salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's with the paprikas and powdered vinegar? That sounds wonderful.......powdered vinegar......wow:ROFLMAO:

I like hot and sweet paprika and when grilling I add a bit of smoked paprika also. Several decades ago (lol) i discovered Goya Adobo seasoning that had vinegar in it. I can't find that variety any more so I bought powdered white vinegar and powdered apple cider vinegar and add them to my blend. I order them online (not sure from which site there are several I order from). One word of advice go easy on the vinegar till you get used to it because it can take over.

Last edited:
ok,,,,,so we have Goya pepper, cayenne, hot paprika, ground peppercorns, and ground pepper flakes........in your all around every day seasoning.........you've got to be a Texan or a Cajun......and seriously where do you get the powdered vinegar? `i put vinegar into everything.......

I'm Italian and like food with bold flavor. I have the vinegar site saved on my laptop but not on it at the moment. I'll try to get on it asap. I am looking to purchase powdered burgundy wine also.

oh, come on........powdered burgandy wine???........`i'm so glad `i've met you!!! `please do let me know these sites, `msmofet!!! ```````:) and my hubby and `i love bold flavors, too......

Thanks, `msmofet..........`i will look for those........we live in `houston part of the time so we do get the Goya brands......

I use the 4 peppercorn blend and grind fresh. I also put my red pepper flakes in a grinder so I get a nice fine grind that blends and spreads better than the whole flakes. I like even heat not a hot spot here and there.

oh, come on........powdered burgandy wine???........`i'm so glad `i've met you!!! `please do let me know these sites, `msmofet!!! ```````:) and my hubby and `i love bold flavors, too......

Amazon has the powdered burgundy wine.

Thanks, msmofet! `you have opened a whole new venue for me!

You're welcome. I have another site saved that I think has other powdered wines besides burgundy. I think there may be chablis.

Let me see if I can get on my laptop now. Give my a few minutes.

BRB

I got the powdered vinegars from My Spice Sage. They usually have free shipping and you always get to choose a free 1 oz try me sample. I also got powdered blue cheese there. I like to melt butter with hot sauce, a bit of lemon juice and blue cheese powder to toss my popcorn in, sort of a buffalo popcorn.

I got the powdered vinegars from My Spice Sage. They usually have free shipping and you always get to choose a free 1 oz try me sample. I also got powdered blue cheese there. I like to melt butter with hot sauce, a bit of lemon juice and blue cheese powder to toss my popcorn in, sort of a buffalo popcorn.

Thanks bunches. That site got saved immediately. :angel:

The knockoff recipe of KFC's cole slaw calls for buttermilk and cider vinegar. I only make it with a half head of cabbage. There is always a lot left over if I follow the recipe to the word. Powered apple cider vinegar will cut down on left overs. Too much liquid vinegar for me. Yet to cut back or even out of the recipe, then it wouldn't be KFC's recipe. :angel:

`i'm with Addie .......`i've saved your site as well......thanks bunches:LOL:

Look at Savory Spice Shop for powdered white wine vinegar, powdered white balsamic vinegar and powdered Worcestershire sauce. You can really find some great flavors out there in cyberspace.

Wow great link! Can you please post it the "You can find it here ..." thread so others check it out. Thanks!

I make a cole slaw that you would be hard pressed to distinguish from KFC cole slaw. I've made it for many occasions and everyone thought it was from KFC. It's much easier to make though. Try it and you will be surprised. I use Kraft Miracle Whip Salad Dressing, sugar, grated cabbage (must be grated, not chopped or minced), onion powder or minced onion, grated carriot, and ice water.

Use your food processor grator to process 1/2 head of green cabbage, and 2 peeled carrots. Put the cabbage and carrot mixture into a large bowl. Add 1 tsp. granulated onion, or two tbs. minced onion. Add 1/2 cup Miracle whip, and 1/4 cup sugar. Stir it all together. Add 3/4 cup ice water and place in the fridge to chill for an hour, to get refreshingly cold, and to let the flavors develop.

The reason this works is that the Miracle whip already contains the mayo, some sweetness, and the vinegar. The onion and carrot round out the flavor. I made this for a lady who when I said I would make cole slaw to go with the main meal, stated that I didn't have time to make the sauce properly. I made my slaw and served it up. She was amazed at how easy it was, and loved it. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom