"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Herbs and Spices

Old 09-15-2016, 03:28 AM   #61
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
What's with the paprikas and powdered vinegar? That sounds wonderful.......powdered vinegar......wow
I like hot and sweet paprika and when grilling I add a bit of smoked paprika also. Several decades ago (lol) i discovered Goya Adobo seasoning that had vinegar in it. I can't find that variety any more so I bought powdered white vinegar and powdered apple cider vinegar and add them to my blend. I order them online (not sure from which site there are several I order from). One word of advice go easy on the vinegar till you get used to it because it can take over.

Old 09-15-2016, 03:33 AM   #62
Master Chef

Quote:
ok,,,,,so we have Goya pepper, cayenne, hot paprika, ground peppercorns, and ground pepper flakes........in your all around every day seasoning.........you've got to be a Texan or a Cajun......and seriously where do you get the powdered vinegar? `i put vinegar into everything.......
I'm Italian and like food with bold flavor. I have the vinegar site saved on my laptop but not on it at the moment. I'll try to get on it asap. I am looking to purchase powdered burgundy wine also.

Old 09-15-2016, 03:35 AM   #63
Master Chef

Thanks, `msmofet..........`i will look for those........we live in `houston part of the time so we do get the Goya brands......
Old 09-15-2016, 03:38 AM   #64
Master Chef

oh, come on........powdered burgandy wine???........`i'm so glad `i've met you!!! `please do let me know these sites, `msmofet!!! ```````:) and my hubby and `i love bold flavors, too......
Old 09-15-2016, 03:39 AM   #65
Master Chef

Quote:
Thanks, `msmofet..........`i will look for those........we live in `houston part of the time so we do get the Goya brands......
I use the 4 peppercorn blend and grind fresh. I also put my red pepper flakes in a grinder so I get a nice fine grind that blends and spreads better than the whole flakes. I like even heat not a hot spot here and there.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:42 AM   #66
Master Chef

Quote:
oh, come on........powdered burgandy wine???........`i'm so glad `i've met you!!! `please do let me know these sites, `msmofet!!! ```````:) and my hubby and `i love bold flavors, too......
Amazon has the powdered burgundy wine.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:48 AM   #67
Master Chef

Thanks, msmofet! `you have opened a whole new venue for me!
Old 09-15-2016, 03:55 AM   #68
Master Chef

Quote:
Thanks, msmofet! `you have opened a whole new venue for me!
You're welcome. I have another site saved that I think has other powdered wines besides burgundy. I think there may be chablis.

Let me see if I can get on my laptop now. Give my a few minutes.

BRB
Old 09-15-2016, 04:20 AM   #69
Master Chef

Quote:
I got the powdered vinegars from My Spice Sage. They usually have free shipping and you always get to choose a free 1 oz try me sample. I also got powdered blue cheese there. I like to melt butter with hot sauce, a bit of lemon juice and blue cheese powder to toss my popcorn in, sort of a buffalo popcorn.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:45 AM   #70
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
I got the powdered vinegars from My Spice Sage. They usually have free shipping and you always get to choose a free 1 oz try me sample. I also got powdered blue cheese there. I like to melt butter with hot sauce, a bit of lemon juice and blue cheese powder to toss my popcorn in, sort of a buffalo popcorn.
Thanks bunches. That site got saved immediately.

Tags
salt