Old Bay Revisited

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As we live in MD we have a jar the size of my head. I think it is required eating in these parts.

I made some stuffed and broiled pork tenderloin medallions that were seasoned inside and out with Old bay, and black pepper, stuffed with garlic smashed spuds. I mad a pork gravy from the juices, a touch of milk, and thickened with corn starch slurry. The gravy was exceptional, the best pork gravy I've made yet. The Old Bay strengthened the pork flavor and was almost an unami kind of thing. The tenderloins tasted great as well. As Emerald used to say on his show, "You could put this on a car bumper and it would taste great.", or something like that.:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thanks, Goodweed, that sounds delicious. I made pork medallions yesterday and didn't think to use the Old Bay. I thought it might be overpowering for my Dad who can't handle any heat but I actually don't find it too spicy when used in moderation.

I love Old Bay Seasoning and I just started using it recently myself. So, far chicken is what I mostly have used it on. Sprinkle some on a chicken and breast and grill, it is wonderful. I never thought have adding it to tuna fish salad and I had that last week. Old Bay was good added to a recipe for chicken patties that I made last week.

Back
Top Bottom