Penzey's Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't heard of or seen Minors, could it be regional?
Minors is a Nestle's product. If you get some, I hope you have room to keep the opened tub in the fridge; it's about the size of a small container of sour cream. Small jam, pickled artichoke, mayo, Hoisin Sauce, roasted red pepper, ... jars seem usable for the working supply. Penzeys' ziplock bags seem to store reserve supplies pretty well.

Minors is a Nestle's product. If you get some, I hope you have room to keep the opened tub in the fridge; it's about the size of a small container of sour cream. Small jam, pickled artichoke, mayo, Hoisin Sauce, roasted red pepper, ... jars seem usable for the working supply. Penzeys' ziplock bags seem to store reserve supplies pretty well.

Thanks Bill!

I was already considering a small file drawer, with dividers, for the bagged stock! Yes, I plan on keeping them alphabetized:)

My fridge is made for an apartment, about 3/4 size of a regular fridge.

We keep the bagged stuff in alphabetical order in four six gallon Poland Springs boxes. Between our stock of rice, beans, macaroni, and cooking oil we could possibly subsist for about 6 months.

Last edited:
Yeah I get Minors base at BJ's. I also use that ad the salt in the recipe as it is very salty.

One of my other Penzys favorites is their white onion powder. I could just sniff that jar all day long.

Yeah I get Minors base at BJ's. I also use that ad the salt in the recipe as it is very salty.

One of my other Penzys favorites is their white onion powder. I could just sniff that jar all day long.

LOL! I'm a garlic sniffer!

And fresh lemons, I rub my hands all over them and sit with my hands over my nose!:LOL:

We keep the bagged stuff in alphabetical order in four six gallon Poland Springs boxes. Between our stock of rice, beans, macaroni, and cooking oil we could possibly subsist for about 6 months.

Know that feeling! I think we have enough for at least 6 months, between freezer and pantries.

I've never seen Minor's in Costco. They carry a different brand around here. I get Minor's at BJ's.

BJ's must be an east coast thing, we have Safeway, Albertson's, various local owned IGA's, Rosauers and my favorite place, The Good Food Store. With a name like that, it HAS to be good!:)

Rosauers is regional in the northwest.

Last edited:
BJ's must be an east coast thing, we have Safeway, Albertson's, various local owned IGA's, Rosauers and my favorite place, The Good Food Store. With a name like that, it HAS to be good!:)

Rosauers is regional in the northwest.

LOL, yeah the name gets a few chuckles.:LOL:

It is a club store like Sam's or Costco, that originated in Massachusetts.

OMG! I just found out that they have opened a Penzy's store in Raleigh, not far from where I live (within 10 minutes drive)!

I am definitely going there next week!

OMG! I just found out that they have opened a Penzy's store in Raleigh, not far from where I live (within 10 minutes drive)!

I am definitely going there next week!

Very nice! I have to convince them to open one in Missoula.

Goodness... you can wait? I bet you open your presents on Dec 26th too. :LOL:

LOL, it will probably be a mad house this week! I have enough spices to get through!

I want to go when I can thoroughly enjoy the experience. It just happens to be near a place that has wonderful cupcakes, not the froo froo boutique girly ones, the kind grandma would make.

I just gave Penzey's a call today and did half of my Christmas shopping in one phone call.I found out about them when I recieved a order as a gift last year.

I remember my Sis every time I use one of the blends.
What a great gift that has lasted all year.

Thank you, everyone for your help and descriptions. I just finished writing up my order and I was able to stay underbudget, enough that I could order two gift boxes and two of the DIY gift boxes. I'll be placing my order next weekend. Again, Thanks for your input!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom