"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Herbs and Spices

Old 01-29-2015, 08:03 PM   #11
Master Chef

Me too! Freebies are always good. CG, I sure wish I had a walk in brick and mortar Penzeys around here!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	22544  

Old 01-30-2015, 01:40 AM   #12
Master Chef

Cheryl, is that the 1/2 cup size roasted garlic? Woot! I thought we'd be getting the smallest jar. Nice! And FWIW, I ordered the cumin and paprika too. I needed them to add to a few other spices/herbs I have on hand to try and make my own chili powder mix.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:44 AM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I had been dropped from their mailing list since I don't place orders, .

I haven't actually ordered anything from them since they opened a store near me years ago but not only do I get catalogs in the mail, I get email from Bill Penzey!! I have no idea why that happens ....
Old 01-30-2015, 03:10 PM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Cheryl, is that the 1/2 cup size roasted garlic? Woot! I thought we'd be getting the smallest jar. Nice! And FWIW, I ordered the cumin and paprika too. I needed them to add to a few other spices/herbs I have on hand to try and make my own chili powder mix.
Yep, sure is! I was surprised, too. I entered the smaller size in my shopping cart, then when I went to checkout it said the coupon code was "invalid for this item", or something like that. I removed it and entered in the larger 1/2 C size and it worked.

Funny how we ordered several of the same things. Cumin and smoked paprika are a staple in my kitchen, too. How do you make your homemade chili powder?

Kayelle, I see that you also ordered the Arizona Dreaming - love that stuff! IMO it tastes a lot like the packaged McCormicks or Lawry's taco seasoning, but without all the sodium. I love it sprinkled on avocados.

On a whim, I also ordered their freeze dried shallots and fajita seasoning.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:24 PM   #15
Master Chef

Cheryl, I've only made taco mix seasoning so far. I'll be trying this recipe for my chili powder mix. I will go easy on the cumin since I found out that is the one ingredient in chili mix that gives me major indigestion. No cumin=no heartburn. No loss to me, since I'm not really fond of its flavor.

My paprika is the sweet Hungarian kind. We seem to go through a lot of that stuff in this house in spite of the fact that neither of us is Hungarian...
Old 01-30-2015, 03:51 PM   #16
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Yep, sure is! I was surprised, too. I entered the smaller size in my shopping cart, then when I went to checkout it said the coupon code was "invalid for this item", or something like that. I removed it and entered in the larger 1/2 C size and it worked.

Funny how we ordered several of the same things. Cumin and smoked paprika are a staple in my kitchen, too. How do you make your homemade chili powder?

Kayelle, I see that you also ordered the Arizona Dreaming - love that stuff! IMO it tastes a lot like the packaged McCormicks or Lawry's taco seasoning, but without all the sodium. I love it sprinkled on avocados.

On a whim, I also ordered their freeze dried shallots and fajita seasoning.
I ordered it for the first time Cheryl, as I've seen from you and others it's really good!
I agree, that 1/2 cup size for the roasted garlic is very generous for a freebie.
By the way, the coupon (43953C) is still good for those who didn't order yesterday with the free shipping.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:46 PM   #17
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thanks Ladies, I got the free shipping and the garlic yesterday! I seriously considered buying $20 of the garlic.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:54 PM   #18
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Thanks Ladies, I got the free shipping and the garlic yesterday! I seriously considered buying $20 of the garlic.
I completely understand that PF. I wonder if a second order wouldn't also get us the free roasted garlic?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:07 AM   #19
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I completely understand that PF. I wonder if a second order wouldn't also get us the free roasted garlic?
Some people make rice pillows that can be warmed up in the microwave...can you imagine the delight of a garlic pillow?
Old 01-31-2015, 12:12 AM   #20
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Some people make rice pillows that can be warmed up in the microwave...can you imagine the delight of a garlic pillow?
Oh I can imagine that.... OMG....

Tags
recipe

Penzeys One-day (1-29-15) Offer! Hello, Penzeys fans! I just got an e-mail from them offering free shipping on orders over $20, instead of the normal $30 minimum. This offer is good through midnight tonight. Whether that is midnight where they are located (central time zone) or where you and your computer are, I don't know. If you have a list that needed "just one more thing" to get you to $30+, you might want to head to their site now: [URL="https://www.penzeys.com/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Penzeys&utm_campaign=Snow%20Day%20Re-Send%201-29-15%20EST"]https://www.penzeys.com[/URL] And the contents of the email: [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Stay home and order your Penzeys Spices. Offer Ends Tonight! Expiring at midnight tonight, don't miss our special snow-day free shipping* on any order over $20 instead of the regular $30 minimum. No code needed. For everyone shopping on our website today, shipping costs on orders over $20 will automatically be deducted on the final screen before submitting the order. Please tell your friends.[/COLOR] 3 stars 1 reviews