"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Herbs and Spices

Old 01-29-2015, 02:40 PM   #1
Master Chef

Penzeys One-day (1-29-15) Offer!

Hello, Penzeys fans! I just got an e-mail from them offering free shipping on orders over $20, instead of the normal $30 minimum. This offer is good through midnight tonight. Whether that is midnight where they are located (central time zone) or where you and your computer are, I don't know. If you have a list that needed "just one more thing" to get you to $30+, you might want to head to their site now: https://www.penzeys.com

And the contents of the email:

Stay home and order your Penzeys Spices. Offer Ends Tonight!
Expiring at midnight tonight, don't miss our special snow-day free shipping* on any order over $20 instead of the regular $30 minimum. No code needed. For everyone shopping on our website today, shipping costs on orders over $20 will automatically be deducted on the final screen before submitting the order. Please tell your friends.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:11 PM   #2
Master Chef

Thanks CG. Another bonus is you can get their new roasted garlic sprinkles free with the coupon code 43953C.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 03:58 PM   #3
Master Chef

Thanks to both of you! Heading there now to place an order. I just saw that I'm almost out of peppercorns and that can't happen. Also need a few other things.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:19 PM   #4
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thanks CG for putting the date on that special offer...
Old 01-29-2015, 06:27 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I had just received my Penzey's order when they sent me a catalog with the roasted garlic. I want to try that, but will have to wait awhile.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:39 PM   #6
Master Chef

PF, I figured once today was over it would make it easier for this thread to die a proper death.

Kayelle, I'm glad you mentioned the garlic bonus. I had been dropped from their mailing list since I don't place orders, just take the shiny new catalog to the store along with my list of Wants and Needs. When I checked for their contact info online I saw that offer was on the front of the current issue...with an expiration date of 12-31-14. I called my order in to make sure I could ask for it by name, and got it will no problem! Freebies are nice. Thanks.

And as a warning to all of you who get catalogs but always shop the brick-and-mortar store, you need to be sure to regularly go to their website and check your customer account. She said that's the best way to make sure the catalog keeps coming. If you order online/phone? No problem.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:40 PM   #7
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

What's you favorite Penzey's, Zhi?
Old 01-29-2015, 06:51 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Broccoli and garlic:

I was served this at a restaurant. Cook broccoli. The rest is approximate how I reproduced this. Shake some garlic granules, not fine powder, on a plate. Hold spears at the stem end and jam some garlic into the flower end. Butter, lemon and a little pepper. Eat.

I think I would like to try Penzey's roasted garlic with this technique.

I can't place an order right now. I bought $$$ Penzey's gifts at Christmas and gifted myself while I was shopping there. I added it to my next shopping list so I won't forg. et.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:21 PM   #9
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
PF, I figured once today was over it would make it easier for this thread to die a proper death.

Kayelle, I'm glad you mentioned the garlic bonus. I had been dropped from their mailing list since I don't place orders, just take the shiny new catalog to the store along with my list of Wants and Needs. When I checked for their contact info online I saw that offer was on the front of the current issue...with an expiration date of 12-31-14. I called my order in to make sure I could ask for it by name, and got it will no problem! Freebies are nice. Thanks.

And as a warning to all of you who get catalogs but always shop the brick-and-mortar store, you need to be sure to regularly go to their website and check your customer account. She said that's the best way to make sure the catalog keeps coming. If you order online/phone? No problem.
I didn't see an expiration date, and my order went through fine on line with the coupon code, complete with my free garlic.

Description Item # Size Quantity Item Price Item Total Penzeys Roasted Garlic 43953 net 2.7 oz 1/2 cup jar 1 $6.95 $0.00 Granulated Garlic Powder 44442 4 oz bag 1 $4.25 $4.25 Buttermilk Ranch 26053 net 2.5 oz 1/2 cup jar 1 $7.09 $7.09 Adobo Seasoning 10137 net 1.1 oz 1/4 cup jar 1 $4.55 $4.55 Arizona Dreaming Seasoning 15853 net 2.1 oz 1/2 cup jar 1 $6.85 $6.85 Subtotal : $22.74 Shipping : $0.00 Tax : $0.00 Order Total : $22.74

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:49 PM   #10
Master Chef

Don't worry Kayelle, I got the freebie! I had looked online last month - that is when I saw the cover of the catalog on the website. I thought the coupon was showing an expiration date. Then again, I know when you go into one of their stores with an "expired" coupon they still give you the item. Good thing, too, since I usually spend at least $30-40 just walking in!

Tags
recipe

Penzeys One-day (1-29-15) Offer! Hello, Penzeys fans! I just got an e-mail from them offering free shipping on orders over $20, instead of the normal $30 minimum. This offer is good through midnight tonight. Whether that is midnight where they are located (central time zone) or where you and your computer are, I don't know. If you have a list that needed "just one more thing" to get you to $30+, you might want to head to their site now: [URL="https://www.penzeys.com/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Penzeys&utm_campaign=Snow%20Day%20Re-Send%201-29-15%20EST"]https://www.penzeys.com[/URL] And the contents of the email: [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Stay home and order your Penzeys Spices. Offer Ends Tonight! Expiring at midnight tonight, don't miss our special snow-day free shipping* on any order over $20 instead of the regular $30 minimum. No code needed. For everyone shopping on our website today, shipping costs on orders over $20 will automatically be deducted on the final screen before submitting the order. Please tell your friends.[/COLOR] 3 stars 1 reviews