Penzeys One-day (1-29-15) Offer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Hello, Penzeys fans! I just got an e-mail from them offering free shipping on orders over $20, instead of the normal $30 minimum. This offer is good through midnight tonight. Whether that is midnight where they are located (central time zone) or where you and your computer are, I don't know. If you have a list that needed "just one more thing" to get you to $30+, you might want to head to their site now: https://www.penzeys.com

And the contents of the email:

Stay home and order your Penzeys Spices. Offer Ends Tonight!
Expiring at midnight tonight, don't miss our special snow-day free shipping* on any order over $20 instead of the regular $30 minimum. No code needed. For everyone shopping on our website today, shipping costs on orders over $20 will automatically be deducted on the final screen before submitting the order. Please tell your friends.

Thanks to both of you! Heading there now to place an order. I just saw that I'm almost out of peppercorns :ohmy: and that can't happen. Also need a few other things. :)

I had just received my Penzey's order when they sent me a catalog with the roasted garlic. I want to try that, but will have to wait awhile.

PF, I figured once today was over it would make it easier for this thread to die a proper death. :-p

Kayelle, I'm glad you mentioned the garlic bonus. I had been dropped from their mailing list since I don't place orders, just take the shiny new catalog to the store along with my list of Wants and Needs. When I checked for their contact info online I saw that offer was on the front of the current issue...with an expiration date of 12-31-14. :( I called my order in to make sure I could ask for it by name, and got it will no problem! Freebies are nice. Thanks.

And as a warning to all of you who get catalogs but always shop the brick-and-mortar store, you need to be sure to regularly go to their website and check your customer account. She said that's the best way to make sure the catalog keeps coming. If you order online/phone? No problem.

Broccoli and garlic:

I was served this at a restaurant. Cook broccoli. The rest is approximate how I reproduced this. Shake some garlic granules, not fine powder, on a plate. Hold spears at the stem end and jam some garlic into the flower end. Butter, lemon and a little pepper. Eat.

I think I would like to try Penzey's roasted garlic with this technique.

I can't place an order right now. I bought $$$ Penzey's gifts at Christmas and gifted myself while I was shopping there. I added it to my next shopping list so I won't forg. et.

PF, I figured once today was over it would make it easier for this thread to die a proper death. :-p

Kayelle, I'm glad you mentioned the garlic bonus. I had been dropped from their mailing list since I don't place orders, just take the shiny new catalog to the store along with my list of Wants and Needs. When I checked for their contact info online I saw that offer was on the front of the current issue...with an expiration date of 12-31-14. :( I called my order in to make sure I could ask for it by name, and got it will no problem! Freebies are nice. Thanks.

And as a warning to all of you who get catalogs but always shop the brick-and-mortar store, you need to be sure to regularly go to their website and check your customer account. She said that's the best way to make sure the catalog keeps coming. If you order online/phone? No problem.

I didn't see an expiration date, and my order went through fine on line with the coupon code, complete with my free garlic.

Description Item # Size Quantity Item Price Item Total Penzeys Roasted Garlic 43953 net 2.7 oz 1/2 cup jar 1 $6.95 $0.00 Granulated Garlic Powder 44442 4 oz bag 1 $4.25 $4.25 Buttermilk Ranch 26053 net 2.5 oz 1/2 cup jar 1 $7.09 $7.09 Adobo Seasoning 10137 net 1.1 oz 1/4 cup jar 1 $4.55 $4.55 Arizona Dreaming Seasoning 15853 net 2.1 oz 1/2 cup jar 1 $6.85 $6.85 Subtotal : $22.74 Shipping : $0.00 Tax : $0.00 Order Total : $22.74

Last edited:
Don't worry Kayelle, I got the freebie! I had looked online last month - that is when I saw the cover of the catalog on the website. I thought the coupon was showing an expiration date. Then again, I know when you go into one of their stores with an "expired" coupon they still give you the item. Good thing, too, since I usually spend at least $30-40 just walking in! :LOL:

Me too! Freebies are always good. CG, I sure wish I had a walk in brick and mortar Penzeys around here!

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Cheryl, is that the 1/2 cup size roasted garlic? Woot! I thought we'd be getting the smallest jar. Nice! And FWIW, I ordered the cumin and paprika too. I needed them to add to a few other spices/herbs I have on hand to try and make my own chili powder mix.

Cheryl, is that the 1/2 cup size roasted garlic? Woot! I thought we'd be getting the smallest jar. Nice! And FWIW, I ordered the cumin and paprika too. I needed them to add to a few other spices/herbs I have on hand to try and make my own chili powder mix.

Yep, sure is! I was surprised, too. I entered the smaller size in my shopping cart, then when I went to checkout it said the coupon code was "invalid for this item", or something like that. I removed it and entered in the larger 1/2 C size and it worked. :)

Funny how we ordered several of the same things. Cumin and smoked paprika are a staple in my kitchen, too. How do you make your homemade chili powder?

Kayelle, I see that you also ordered the Arizona Dreaming - love that stuff! IMO it tastes a lot like the packaged McCormicks or Lawry's taco seasoning, but without all the sodium. I love it sprinkled on avocados. :yum:

On a whim, I also ordered their freeze dried shallots and fajita seasoning. :)

Cheryl, I've only made taco mix seasoning so far. I'll be trying this recipe for my chili powder mix. I will go easy on the cumin since I found out that is the one ingredient in chili mix that gives me major indigestion. No cumin=no heartburn. No loss to me, since I'm not really fond of its flavor.

My paprika is the sweet Hungarian kind. We seem to go through a lot of that stuff in this house in spite of the fact that neither of us is Hungarian...

Yep, sure is! I was surprised, too. I entered the smaller size in my shopping cart, then when I went to checkout it said the coupon code was "invalid for this item", or something like that. I removed it and entered in the larger 1/2 C size and it worked. :)

Funny how we ordered several of the same things. Cumin and smoked paprika are a staple in my kitchen, too. How do you make your homemade chili powder?

Kayelle, I see that you also ordered the Arizona Dreaming - love that stuff! IMO it tastes a lot like the packaged McCormicks or Lawry's taco seasoning, but without all the sodium. I love it sprinkled on avocados. :yum:

On a whim, I also ordered their freeze dried shallots and fajita seasoning. :)

I ordered it for the first time Cheryl, as I've seen from you and others it's really good!
I agree, that 1/2 cup size for the roasted garlic is very generous for a freebie.
By the way, the coupon (43953C) is still good for those who didn't order yesterday with the free shipping.

Last edited:
Thanks Ladies, I got the free shipping and the garlic yesterday! I seriously considered buying $20 of the garlic.

I completely understand that PF. :LOL: I wonder if a second order wouldn't also get us the free roasted garlic?

Some people make rice pillows that can be warmed up in the microwave...can you imagine the delight of a garlic pillow?:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom