"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Herbs and Spices
Old 08-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #11
Executive Chef
Send a message via AIM to GrantsKat
Originally Posted by GhettoRacingKid View Post
herei s a pic jsut for S&G

I have one of those, I use it when I make corned beef.....

GrantsKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:31 AM   #12
Sous Chef
i typed tea ball in google and a million things came up so i think thats the proper name

GhettoRacingKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #13
Executive Chef
Cool. I tried "tea pod" and came up with some sort of...tea pods. lol
Jeekinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #14
Sous Chef
tea ball.
gadzooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:46 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
They also make larger ones just for herbs/spices.

I say NO to grinding your cloves - it's very annoying as it tends to float in your food...it's quite strong also. Put them in the bag/ball.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:37 PM   #16
Assistant Cook
Originally Posted by jennyema View Post
Can you share your pappadum recipe???
well I'm embarrassed to admit that it's not my recipe, but I found it this very morning on video-dot-about-dot-com (sorry not allowed to do urls yet) - just search for poppadom recipe - she makes it look very simple. unfortunately today at the enormous tesco in the next town they didnt' have Arud flour, and I'd not researched enough to find out which other Asian-based flour they had might do the same job. I even asked an Indian woman working there who confessed her ignorance and pointed me to the pre-cooked poppadoms which I'm afraid to say I settled for on this occasion, as I'm incredibly busy tomorrow and won't have time to go to one of the asian food specialty shops in the town, but I will wear it as a badge of shame to remind me to try asap.

regarding the metal pod thing, I just remembered I have one of those in the house, for tea, but have never used it, although it might be a little small for all that I need to put in it on this occasion. Anyway, I went to a fabric store today, and tho they didn't have cheesecloth they did have muslin (is that the same thing?) which I'd heard of before in cooking terms, so I bought .5m x 2m for 1.25 (about $USD 2.50) which isn't bad. I have heard that it's also good for making perfect poached eggs, so I'll give that a go too soon. I don't have the time or energy to search tonight but I would imagine that the perfect scrambled/poached eggs debates are raging somewhere on these forums.

I'll report on here as to how the dopiaza went, possibly not Sunday (I'm cooking it for a load of friends who are coming to watch the football and will doubtless drag me down the pub afterwards), but within the next few days. Loving these forums already!!
hungry_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #17
Executive Chef
Cheesecloth is usually near the cooking or baking tools in your supermarket.

Jeekinz is offline   Reply With Quote