"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Herbs and Spices

Old 04-10-2016, 01:57 PM   #41
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
Just stepping aside from salt for a moment, do you use or have you ever used Lawry's garlic spread? The conch fritter recipe I make uses it. I also used to use it half and half with butter for garlic bread, but stopped as Karen doesn't like it.
Like Karen, I don't care for it either. However I love McCormick's Garlic Bread Sprinkle over buttered bread...yummy as I remember.
http://www.mccormick.com/Spices-and-...Bread-Sprinkle

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 03:55 PM   #42
Master Chef

About 40 years ago I got hooked on Goya Adobo seasoning with vinegar in it. Then it disappeared. I need to find powdered vinegar to add to my all purpose seasoning. The vinegar added a nice snap to the blend.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:52 PM   #43
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
About 40 years ago I got hooked on Goya Adobo seasoning with vinegar in it. Then it disappeared. I need to find powdered vinegar to add to my all purpose seasoning. The vinegar added a nice snap to the blend.
I think it was you that turned me on to this place MsM, I'm going to get some too..
Distilled White Vinegar Powder - Also Known As Dehydrated Vinegar - My Spice Sage

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:00 PM   #44
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I think it was you that turned me on to this place MsM, I'm going to get some too..
Distilled White Vinegar Powder - Also Known As Dehydrated Vinegar - My Spice Sage
Yes I did suggest Spice Sage. Glad you like the site.

Thank you Kay. I will check it out ..... as soon as I find a job

I'd also like to try some of the apple cider vinegar powder and the fire salt.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:25 PM   #45
Head Chef

Savory Spice Shop has both white wine and white balsamic vinegar powders. They also have Worcestershire sauce powder.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:35 PM   #46
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPCookin View Post
Savory Spice Shop has both white wine and white balsamic vinegar powders. They also have Worcestershire sauce powder.
Thank you for the info. There are 2 actual stores in my state. They are a bit far but on a beautiful day would make a nice ride.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:38 PM   #47
Master Chef

Quote:
Thank you for the info. There are 2 actual stores in my state. They are a bit far but on a beautiful day would make a nice ride.
On second thought I better not go to the store. I found to many things I want to try. LOL
Old 04-20-2016, 04:59 PM   #48
Head Chef

Quote:
Quote:
On second thought I better not go to the store. I found to many things I want to try. LOL
They do online service too.... hint, hint.

I'm about 2 hours from my "local" store, but I usually stop in whenever I'm in Denver.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:32 PM   #49
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPCookin View Post
They do online service too.... hint, hint.

I'm about 2 hours from my "local" store, but I usually stop in whenever I'm in Denver.
There are several things I want to try. Do they offer free shipping?

I do like Spice Sage because they have free shipping and a free sample with each order. They have a large list to choice your free sample from.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:09 PM   #50
Head Chef

Quote:
There are several things I want to try. Do they offer free shipping?

I do like Spice Sage because they have free shipping and a free sample with each order. They have a large list to choice your free sample from.
They do occasionally have a promotion with free shipping, but not always. They also have sales, and you can even vote on what goes on sale. It's worth joining the website to get their emails. This Friday it looks like the winner is their Bourbon Barrel black pepper (cracked black pepper smoked using the staves from bourbon aging barrels) - almost half off regular price.

They have always included a free sample of something with every order I've made, but it's just a random choice. A couple of shipments ago it was Saigon Cinnamon, and wow... that stuff is so much better than the grocery store stuff. You also get a free gift each year on your birthday, and you get to choose that one.

Tags
salt