Smoked Paprika

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have quite a few dried red peppers from my garden still hanging in my pantry. I want to grind them into paprika, I have a coffee grinder ( KA ) a ktex mill for grain and an electric stone grinder for grain , do you think the grain grinders would clog ? I just think the KA grinder would take forever. Food processor ?? Gage

Yes you can. This will give you an idea of what you can do. This is for chile powder, but should be the same idea for what you are looking for.

AB's Chili Powder Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network

Alright, so I just made a very rich risotto with freshly minced garlic, sundried tomatoes, and hot smoked paprika. I must say the smoked paprika is shining through nicely. I don't yet have a recipe for what I just did, but:

Process very dry sundried tomatoes in the food processor until about half of them are a powder and there are some chunks left.
Mince 6-8 medium cloves of garlic.
Start 3 cups of faux beef broth or vegetable broth boiling in a pot. Once boiling, turn to low.
In a sauce pot, pour about 1 tablespoon of EVOO, heat and then sautee garlic until garlic just barely starts to get bitter. Quickly pour in one cup of arborio rice and mix garlic in quickly to protect from heat.
Pour in one cup of red wine, add sun-dried tomatoes, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, and reduce while stirring.
Once reduced, add in 1/2-2/3 cup of faux beef broth and reduce while stirring. Stir, stir, stir.
Try rice (which will be done when it's only slightly al dente). If not done, repeat previous step. I usually do this 4-5 times when cooking
If you try rice and its good, you are ready to serve it up. This recipe will result in a strong, rich, somewhat intense risotto.

Alright, so I just made a very rich risotto with freshly minced garlic, sundried tomatoes, and hot smoked paprika. I must say the smoked paprika is shining through nicely. I don't yet have a recipe for what I just did, but...

Sounds devine! Copied and saved.:chef:

Sounds devine! Copied and saved.:chef:
Cool! I guess the only thing making it not quite a recipe yet, is I did not specify the amount on the sundried tomatoes. Putting them through the food processor, they come out pretty strong. I would guess half a cup before hitting the food processor would be plenty. :)

Cool! I guess the only thing making it not quite a recipe yet, is I did not specify the amount on the sundried tomatoes. Putting them through the food processor, they come out pretty strong. I would guess half a cup before hitting the food processor would be plenty. :)

I hadn't noticed no measurements :LOL: but, I'm pretty good with figuring that sort of thing out on my own. Comes from playing with my food all the time!

I buy smoked Spanish paprika from Penzey's and it's a great flavor addition to many dishes.

Me too. It's one of my favorite Foodie Finds of the last year. I use it almost too much. :)

I also love the smell of their smoked hot peppers, some smell almost chocolate-y

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom