Sometimes I wish I didn't know

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:sick:

Thankfully, on further reading, methylparaben doesn't come from where the blog says it comes from...

That list is mostly a scare tactic.

Here's what Snopes has to say about beaver bum vanilla: snopes.com: Castoreum Is Produced from Beaver Secretions?

It's just too expensive to use in food.

I don't get grossed out very easily. I have eaten bung (a Chinese dish with pigs' rectums). It was good.

Do you drink beer? It's clarified with isinglas, which comes from fish bladders. They use it because it doesn't leave any residue, scent, or flavour.

One of the rules of my diet; "if I can't grow it in a garden.. it doesn't go into my stomach". Water is one of the few exceptions to this rule.

JMHO - one way or another, we all consume ookies and nasties every day - either in or on our bodies.

Last edited:
That list is mostly a scare tactic.

Here's what Snopes has to say about beaver bum vanilla: snopes.com: Castoreum Is Produced from Beaver Secretions?

It's just too expensive to use in food.

I don't get grossed out very easily. I have eaten bung (a Chinese dish with pigs' rectums). It was good.

Do you drink beer? It's clarified with isinglas, which comes from fish bladders. They use it because it doesn't leave any residue, scent, or flavour.

I did read 5 articles before I posted but I feel better now...Thanks

Thankfully keeping kosher saves a person from such worries.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

Did you know that broccoli is loaded with formaldehyde and sulfur?? Why, it's poisonous! </sarcasm>

A lot of our foods are poisonous. The leaves of many of our root vegetables are poisonous. But we know that and don't eat them. Yet the food industry tells us we need to eat more leafy veggies. Go figure. :angel:

That was a joke, Addie. Although it's true that broccoli contains those chemicals.

My apologies. My humor button has not been working this week. I am just glad that broccoli hasn't killed me yet. It is right up there with all my favorite foods. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom