Szechwan Peppers & Tellicherry Peppers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like and usually order from My Spice Sage. BUT that $5.00 is for 1 oz. at My Spice Sage.
Amazon has 4 oz. for $6.55 free shipping with Prime.

And how much for shipping if you don't have Prime? Not everyone does. We don't. Then again, we might be the only people in the world that don't. :LOL:
Well free shipping on orders fulfilled by Amazon over $49.00 when not a Prime member. My DD just got the free month of Prime so she could order Christmas gifts. :LOL:

Thanks guys, I'll check it out. I take it from what I've read on the different threads, no one has a problem ordering spices on line. I had sort of wondered about that.

Thanks guys, I'll check it out. I take it from what I've read on the different threads, no one has a problem ordering spices on line. I had sort of wondered about that.

I only order form a reliable source like Penzey's or Spice House but they are almost always better than you can find in a supermarket

Spice House actually says they ship to Canada, so although I have to call Pensey's to get their rate, they too will ship to Canada. I will assume that the charges will be pretty much the same.

Thanks GG and Jenny - it's on my list to check out, not today, have people coming in for supper and I'm hoping my guinea pigs will enjoy - never done these recipes... :LOL: Quail in Clay Pot along with Potato Scallop dish and Spicy Green Beans - all very low sodium.

We can all eat Peanut Butter Sandwiches as a back up if I crash.:ermm::LOL:

Spice House actually says they ship to Canada, so although I have to call Pensey's to get their rate, they too will ship to Canada. I will assume that the charges will be pretty much the same.

Thanks GG and Jenny - it's on my list to check out, not today, have people coming in for supper and I'm hoping my guinea pigs will enjoy - never done these recipes... :LOL: Quail in Clay Pot along with Potato Scallop dish and Spicy Green Beans - all very low sodium.

We can all eat Peanut Butter Sandwiches as a back up if I crash.:ermm::LOL:

For a minute there, I thought you were serving Cuy. :ohmy:
http://www.baconismagic.ca/ecuador/how-to-eat-cuy-guinea-pig-in-ecuador/

Last edited:
Szechwan Peppers & Tellicherry Peppers

Sure, Med, if you're cooking it! Get out the BGE! Along with plenty of BBQ sauce.

Have you tried it? Apparently it was imported here to be a source of meat and fur, and the experiment backfired.

Dragn, Penzey's is a very reliable company, I've been very pleased with them for eons. And if you get a chance to visit one of their stores, you may never want to leave. The smell is heavenly.

Last edited:
I've been ordering spices from My Spice Sage and Amazon for years and have had no problems so far.

I've been happy with Penzeys and Spice House, too, except for Penzeys getting way too political lately. Whether I agree with it or not, I want a business to sell me just their product without selling me their political philosophy, too.

As far as other on-line shops, I don't remember who here has been very pleased with Savory Spice Shop. I haven't tried them personally. ~ I picked up a few blends from a storefront Spice Merchants, but they seem pricey compared to other shops. That, and their high shipping prices, keep them off my list of a regular supplier. Now if I would be in the area of one of their stores, I would still stop in to sniff, and probably pick up an ounce or two of their unique blends.

I've been happy with Penzeys and Spice House, too, except for Penzeys getting way too political lately. Whether I agree with it or not, I want a business to sell me just their product without selling me their political philosophy, too.

Their political thing is pretty recent but very out-of-character, I agree! My office manager ran into my office with the most recent magazine/catalog and it was weird....

I agree just sell your stuff and leave politics out of it .

I've been getting their emails and catalogs for years, but I hit my limit of preaching a few weeks ago. Unsubscribed from both. I'll still order favorites from them, but only when I can get a regular free shipping.

Their political thing is pretty recent but very out-of-character, I agree! My office manager ran into my office with the most recent magazine/catalog and it was weird....

I agree just sell your stuff and leave politics out of it .

I stopped getting the catalog years ago when the Penzeys store opened locally. Were they advocating for one or the other presidential candidates?

It appears they are anti-Trump.

I just learned of this as well. Too bad. I would have patronized them, but I only want the spices, not their idealogy. I have my own, thank you.

It's an interesting gamble from a business aspect. Sell to what you perceive as your client base, but try to squeeze out a few more sales based on a sympatico feeling. Thete's a certain amount of cockiness to it, business-wise.

Last edited:
He was not advocating for anyone before the election. After the election, he called out Trump for being openly racist during the campaign.

There are a lot of new members on the Penzeys fan page on Facebook after this happened.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom