What are Your Favorite Herbs & Spices?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, Cumin both ground and seed, Celery seed, Onion seed, Cloves, Ground Cloves, Oregano, Fresh Italian Parsley. Fresh Basil, Fresh Cilantro are all favorites of mine, I use others of course but find these inspire me.

Snips and snails, and puppy dog tails

Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, Cumin both ground and seed, Celery seed, Onion seed, Cloves, Ground Cloves, Oregano, Fresh Italian Parsley. Fresh Basil, Fresh Cilantro are all favorites of mine, I use others of course but find these inspire me.

Tarragon. Lots of others come in second, but it's getting to the point where I'm looking for recipes that use tarragon. I think I'm the one who's "gone".:)

I don't buy a lot of spice mixes, but two staples in my cabinet are Cavender's Greek seasoning and Lawrey's. They are my short-cuts. I buy a lot of others, but these mixes are the ones I reach for in a hurry.
I used to use Lawry's Seasoned Salt all the time until our daughter pointed out to me that the second(?) ingredient is sugar. She got me to switch to McCormick's Seasoned Salt and I haven't regretted it. Well, except for tuna salad. There's something special when I use the Lawry's in my tuna salad...so I still have the bottle.

I'd have to say my favorite is pepper, I use all kinds. Chili powder would be next. I was going to mention garlic and ginger, but they technically are not spices or herbs...at least the way I use them. Love mint! Okay, too many, now I'm starting to think of all the spices and herbs I use....

Back
Top Bottom