Where do you get your herbs from?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julio

Senior Cook
Is there an online store that sells herbs only? like the passion store that only sells peppercorns.

Are you looking for fresh or dried?

I buy my herbs fresh, with the exception of bay leaves and mexican oregano, which I can't get fresh here most of the time. In the summer I get some herbs from the farmers market; everything else comes from the grocery store. There are places online that sell fresh herb plants, if that's what you're looking for.

I like Penzey's for spices, and that's where I get my mexican oregano.

Thanks Everyone,

I'm looking to try new herbs and spices instead of the store brands.

Definitely hit a farmers market. If you can find a good one, there will likely be varieties of fresh herbs that you won't find year-round. It's great for trying new stuff.

Indian Spices and Pulses

Is there an online store that sells herbs only? like the passion store that only sells peppercorns.

I am using quality indian spices to make my food more delicious, I prefer products of Evergreen Exports, who wholesale and export quality spices, indian pulses, oil seeds, dehydrated products, ready to eat food items, pickles, instant mixes and flours, etc from Mumbai, India to all major countries like USA, UK, Australia, etc. Prices are reasonable and I am satisfied with its quality, also my children are happy with such tasty food and having their food regularly.

You may visit its official website (evergreenexports.net) and order online.

When I can't get fresh from my garden (will be gone soon) I usually use a local guy who sells dried spices and herbs in bulk. You cannot beat knowing your merchant ... one time last winter I wanted some paprika and he literally chased me down to give me a sample of what he had (which was what I needed for that particular dish). That said, when I'm looking to try something interesting and new, I'll cast my vote with those who say Penzey's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom