16 Foods That'll Re-Grow from Kitchen Scraps...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was skeptical, but I have celery growing and bok choy from the "butts" of the same.

16 Foods That
Sounds good. A friend just posted about regrowing stuff from the "butts" of stuff, but it was a different article. They regrew everything in water and the comments indicated that regrowing lettuce and other stuff in just water produced tasteless stuff. This sounds much better.

:LOL: In my college days, I grew all of these except for lemongrass. I had hundreds of plants, everything I could save from cuttings, seeds, and bulbs, I grew.

One should be aware that there are lots of vegetables that are treated with anti-sprouting chemicals to keep them from restarting, especially in the store.

Mom and Dad should sell their Compost Melons, except we don't know what they are grown from and some taste fantastic, others not so much. I was pretty sure they ended up with a butternut squash - cantaloupe hybrid one year, that was a yucky one.

I should try the celery re-grow.

:LOL: In my college days, I grew all of these except for lemongrass. I had hundreds of plants, everything I could save from cuttings, seeds, and bulbs, I grew.

That is what I was thinking.

In the 70's everybody I knew, including me, had a sweet potato vine, an avacado tree or a lemon tree grown from garbage and a mason jar of mung beans sprouting under the kitchen sink! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I was skeptical, but I have celery growing and bok choy from the "butts" of the same.

16 Foods That
When I was little I can remember Mum and I growing carrot tops in saucers of water for fun. We planted an avocado stone once. It only ever had one leaf at a time on it but it's stem wandered all round the kitchen

That is what I was thinking.

In the 70's everybody I knew, including me, had a sweet potato vine, an avacado tree or a lemon tree grown from garbage and a mason jar of mung beans sprouting under the kitchen sink! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
I certainly had the jar of mung beans sprouting under the sink. :rolleyes: I used old, clean pantyhose as a screen.
When I was little I can remember Mum and I growing carrot tops in saucers of water for fun. We planted an avocado stone once. It only ever had one leaf at a time on it but it's stem wandered all round the kitchen
I remember doing the carrot tops. I remember lots of times there was an avocado pit suspended in a glass with three toothpicks sticking out of the sides. Most of them would grow roots. Some grew the beginnings of a stem. My mum didn't have much luck with those avocado pits.

Our avocado tree, from seed, grew too large for our home. It wouldn't have survived outside.

This year, I don't think it would have survived on this planet.:ohmy: It's been cold everywhere.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Mom and Dad should sell their Compost Melons, except we don't know what they are grown from and some taste fantastic, others not so much. I was pretty sure they ended up with a butternut squash - cantaloupe hybrid one year, that was a yucky one.

I should try the celery re-grow.

Those melons that didn't taste good were probably cross-pollinated with cucumbers! Yuck!

I certainly had the jar of mung beans sprouting under the sink. :rolleyes: I used old, clean pantyhose as a screen.

I remember doing the carrot tops. I remember lots of times there was an avocado pit suspended in a glass with three toothpicks sticking out of the sides. Most of them would grow roots. Some grew the beginnings of a stem. My mum didn't have much luck with those avocado pits.
I still grow sprouts in jars. I use window screen for the screen...and I have radish, pea, and broccoli sprouts in a big pot that I've been using for salads all winter.

Ahhh!!! Thanks for the tip! Adding more chocolate.

You're a bad girl.:ohmy::LOL: Remember; "...If you eat too much, oh, oh, you'll awake with a tummy-ache. On the goo-ood ship, Loley-Pop..."

I miss Shirley Temple movies. They just made you feel good. Her movies made a whole generation, and them some, feel good.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

You're a bad girl.:ohmy::LOL: Remember; "...If you eat too much, oh, oh, you'll awake with a tummy-ache. On the goo-ood ship, Loley-Pop..."

I miss Shirley Temple movies. They just made you feel good. Her movies made a whole generation, and them some, feel good.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

You love bad girls...we never miss a chance for a pun or fun. Maybe I should have given up puns for Lent...:D That wold keep me quiet and in the corner for a while.

You love bad girls...we never miss a chance for a pun or fun. Maybe I should have given up puns for Lent...:D That wold keep me quiet and in the corner for a while.
I'm sure you meant would, but I did laugh as I pictured you as a rolling, unforested bit of land in a corner...:LOL:To bring this back on topic, the Romaine lettuce butts are sprouting.

I love typos...glad it brought you merriment!

As much spinach and cabbage as I have been eating lately, I should start growing it...but I don;t have a garden plot and the spot I have outside for a container garden just bakes in the sun.

Back
Top Bottom