16 Foods That'll Re-Grow from Kitchen Scraps...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anybody else subject to Mailbox Baseball? It's usually playing in rural areas where there are real mailboxes on the road.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...H5Q_GxPtCqApaD1N5JUga3t0tCge2ng86bq9YvZ1AMqzg

It usually involves a pick-up truck, a baseball bat and some jerks after a few beers.
This is why I've had a PO box since 1989. The mailbox was knocked off the post 3x in as many weeks. At the time, I was doing contract work for the government and received a monthly pay cheque that was darned good money.There was no way I wanted my pay cheque to go missing.

This is why I've had a PO box since 1989. The mailbox was knocked off the post 3x in as many weeks. At the time, I was doing contract work for the government and received a monthly pay cheque that was darned good money.There was no way I wanted my pay cheque to go missing.

One time my neighbors across the street went on vacation and had their mail held at the post office while they were gone. In the meantime, my pension check didn't arrive 1 or 2 days before the first of the month like it usually does. I was calling around everywhere trying to figure out what happened to it, hoping it hadn't been stolen. It arrived a week later, right after they returned. I'm thinking it got mixed in with their mail that was being held.

My celery sprout is a little more than an inch high and there are little tendrils of roots here and there. I'm going back to read how much root should be there before I "plant" it.

I planted my celery butt and it's not growing. It's not dead and it got really bushy with little leaves, but it's not getting taller. It's in as sunny a window as you can get in PA this time of year, and I water it daily.

Carol, after a new plant develops some leaves, they will stop growing for a while as the plant puts its energy into growing roots. When those are established, it will start to grow taller.

Someone is attempting to start the pineapple we cut up the other night.

We'll be back in a couple years to tell you how good it is. :mrgreen:

Someone is attempting to start the pineapple we cut up the other night.

We'll be back in a couple years to tell you how good it is. :mrgreen:

:ROFLMAO: Actually, one of my friends started a pineapple top, and ended up with a tiny pineapple after a year. But she lives in Mexico.

Carol, after a new plant develops some leaves, they will stop growing for a while as the plant puts its energy into growing roots. When those are established, it will start to grow taller.

Well, now the leaves are getting all droopy and wilted. Death is iminent. I have a new stalk of celery. I think I'll start over. I think maybe it didn't have a good enough root system when I planted it.

Last edited:
Not only is my celery officially dead, but when I pulled the wilted dead leaves out of the dirt, the butt was gone. Not a trace left. Where did it go? LOL

I have a new one in water. The first one didn't seem to get a very good root system. This one, I scraped the brown off the bottom of it so it looks a little healthier so maybe it will get better roots.

Not only is my celery officially dead, but when I pulled the wilted dead leaves out of the dirt, the butt was gone. Not a trace left. Where did it go? LOL

I have a new one in water. The first one didn't seem to get a very good root system. This one, I scraped the brown off the bottom of it so it looks a little healthier so maybe it will get better roots.

When I was little my grandmother had a friend who lived some distance away. Friend's husband was a keen gardener and grew all their own vegetables and celery was his star product and whenever they came to visit they brought a basket of home-grown veg including celery. Their house was a cottage off the beaten track and off mains drainage. They didn't even have a septic tank so their loo was an old fashioned earth closet.

On one occasion my grandmother went to stay with them for a short holiday. She didn't mind the loo arrangements, after all she was a child of the victorian era and knew all about earth closets.........Then she found out where it was emptied and why the celery was so lush. :ohmy:

I don't think she ever ate celery again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom