Anyone have the "itch" yet? (merged)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's been in the mid 70's, and the nights are only going down to mid 40's. We're expecting rain for the next few days, so I'll plant all the herbs this morning. :)

Yes, I think that would work. I think the window style would too if you put just one plant in per box (so their roots can spread). Just allow enough "hang space" below. If your railing is 3 - 4 feet up then the height of the planter, you should have plenty of space.

We have a similar one (through Gardener's Supply) and it's great. Like Babe said, it is really heavy! You need to plan support for 60 - 80 pounds. We had a special stand made and it works well. Our's tipped over last year in a storm and broke off the plant. We still got one perfectly round tomato though! Hopefully we'll have better luck this summer!
only one tomato? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:

yesterday and today I set out 6 cabbage, 12 broccoli, 3 parsley and 30 alisa Craig onion plants....ran out of room for the rest of the parsley plants. It is raining now. Still can plant the 12 celery plants soon...will be planting the potatoes soon!!

Hey, I was happy with just the one after the storm passed through. Lots of others from our grounded plants ... Not sure what about my comment was so funny ... :ermm:.
i fact that you only got 1 tomato from the plant. i had that happen once due to my nasty neighbor who kept stealing my tomatoes. sorry

discovered yesterday that green worms have eaten everyone of my lettuce plants. i am bummed. googled it, seems is common here in so cal. will plant again, after treating soil for the little green buggers.

Back
Top Bottom