Anyone have the "itch" yet? (merged)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just started my hot peppers today. I'm very excited this year as I have 28 varieties to tend to. I'm going to have to build a few more gardens this year...

I got a little too excited and put some tomatoe plants in containers too early. The cold front that moved through did some damage but didn't kill the plants. I trimmed the brown/curled leaves off and am hoping that they will still produce. I see several small (marble sized) tomatoes on each and some yellow blooms on each, so maybe they will produce.

Well my weeds have got a pretty good head start, as well as the bird seed that didn't get eaten. :( I can't plant anything until the end of April though.

yesterday we finished up planting all our onion plants, even though they were no bigger than a needle and thread! Last week dh planted spinach from seed and yesterday it started to germinate...i expect to harvest some of those tiny green onions for a spinach salad when the spinach grows up....nothing else will happen much in our garden for a few weeks, we have freeze warnings for tonight and our last frost free date is May 20....will get some brassicas in soon after this cold snap passes.

img_810236_0_838c1e7a67dcc9aff6451c9502bd508e.gif

i have a question ............. can i grow basil, parsley and oregano in planters hung on the side of my deck? will the basil get to big?

every thing i planted in my crops in pots have burst forth. only the green onions and spinach are growing slowly. they are still very tiny. but i have tomato,basil.garlic.two kinds yellow squash. eggplant.carrots two kinds of lettuce. i can't wait to have some babies of each to eat.

you certainly should be able to plant on your deck. i don't see why the basil should get to big. not sure though.some one will come along that does know
thank you. i want to get those planters like window planter that have the hooks that go over the deck railing. and wasn't sure if they would be to heavy to hund on the edge.

img_810276_0_838c1e7a67dcc9aff6451c9502bd508e.gif

i have a question ............. can i grow basil, parsley and oregano in planters hung on the side of my deck? will the basil get to big?

You can plant all those in planters like those you have in mind. Basil can get pretty good-sized, but if you keep using it and pinching it back, you'll be fine. Just develop a taste for pesto.:rolleyes:

You can plant all those in planters like those you have in mind. Basil can get pretty good-sized, but if you keep using it and pinching it back, you'll be fine. Just develop a taste for pesto.:rolleyes:
thank you. i have grown in the ground before but health issues prevent me from get down in the dirt now. and my basil always looked more like basil bushes :LOL: i pinched back all the time!! i am italian i use alot of basil.

thank you. i want to get those planters like window planter that have the hooks that go over the deck railing. and wasn't sure if they would be to heavy to hund on the edge.
youe planter should hold the basil just fine I did some in a half barrel last year..They will get tall on you if they don't get enough sun..Good luck and enjoy your efforts.

kades

youe planter should hold the basil just fine I did some in a half barrel last year..They will get tall on you if they don't get enough sun..Good luck and enjoy your efforts.

kades
thank you

oh they will get plenty of sun. my 2 trees had to be cut down now it's like the sahara out there! :LOL:

We have about 10 tomato plants, several armenian cucumbers, 2 bells, 4 eggplant, 2 watermelon, carrots, lettuce, basil,italian parsley,sage,chives, thyme, marjoram,rosemary green onions.more to come but have to shop for them sometime this week. All the fruit trees are beautiful and have bloomed, now the fruit is beginning to grow...1 gala apple, 1 Fuji, 3 peach, 1 nectarine,1 tangering, 1 orange,4,grapes, 1 whte prach nectarine combo, 1 red plum...we are looking at an avocado tree and an olive...
kadesma

i want to plant my windowbox with baby tomatoes, basil, & oregano. i'm itching to buy those plants; jake wanted to wait.

We have about 10 tomato plants, several armenian cucumbers, 2 bells, 4 eggplant, 2 watermelon, carrots, lettuce, basil,italian parsley,sage,chives, thyme, marjoram,rosemary green onions.more to come but have to shop for them sometime this week. All the fruit trees are beautiful and have bloomed, now the fruit is beginning to grow...1 gala apple, 1 Fuji, 3 peach, 1 nectarine,1 tangering, 1 orange,4,grapes, 1 whte prach nectarine combo, 1 red plum...we are looking at an avocado tree and an olive...
kadesma

wowsers, kades!!!!! i adore green onions with salt fresh from the garden!!

wowsers, kades!!!!! i adore green onions with salt fresh from the garden!!
Me too, tomatoes warm from the sun, rinse with the hose, take a bite then put on a little salt..Yum

kades:)

oh, I'm so jealous of all of you.............the best I can do is grow a few plants on my windowsills.........I have no garden areas...........my hubby brought me back a small basil plant from the UK and it's going NUTSOS! It has no idea where it's latitude and longitude are located.........I really miss my garden in the states and like many of you, really enjoy salivating over the seed catalogues..........glad to hear of other companies to refer to to..........I think the best investment I ever made were planting and harvesting the burpless cucumbers.........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom