"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Farm to Table > Culinary Gardener
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-06-2009, 04:07 PM   #71
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
thank you. i want to get those planters like window planter that have the hooks that go over the deck railing. and wasn't sure if they would be to heavy to hund on the edge.
i have several of those on my front porch. have flowers in them now. they are fairly sturdy, so go for it.
__________________

__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #72
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i have several of those on my front porch. have flowers in them now. they are fairly sturdy, so go for it.
thx
__________________

__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #73
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
thank you. i want to get those planters like window planter that have the hooks that go over the deck railing. and wasn't sure if they would be to heavy to hund on the edge.
youe planter should hold the basil just fine I did some in a half barrel last year..They will get tall on you if they don't get enough sun..Good luck and enjoy your efforts.

kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #74
Master Chef
 
msmofet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
youe planter should hold the basil just fine I did some in a half barrel last year..They will get tall on you if they don't get enough sun..Good luck and enjoy your efforts.

kades
thank you

oh they will get plenty of sun. my 2 trees had to be cut down now it's like the sahara out there!
__________________
Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #75
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
We have about 10 tomato plants, several armenian cucumbers, 2 bells, 4 eggplant, 2 watermelon, carrots, lettuce, basil,italian parsley,sage,chives, thyme, marjoram,rosemary green onions.more to come but have to shop for them sometime this week. All the fruit trees are beautiful and have bloomed, now the fruit is beginning to grow...1 gala apple, 1 Fuji, 3 peach, 1 nectarine,1 tangering, 1 orange,4,grapes, 1 whte prach nectarine combo, 1 red plum...we are looking at an avocado tree and an olive...
kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #76
Master Chef
 
luvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: da 'burgh
Posts: 9,673
i want to plant my windowbox with baby tomatoes, basil, & oregano. i'm itching to buy those plants; jake wanted to wait.
__________________
i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:46 PM   #77
Master Chef
 
luvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: da 'burgh
Posts: 9,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
We have about 10 tomato plants, several armenian cucumbers, 2 bells, 4 eggplant, 2 watermelon, carrots, lettuce, basil,italian parsley,sage,chives, thyme, marjoram,rosemary green onions.more to come but have to shop for them sometime this week. All the fruit trees are beautiful and have bloomed, now the fruit is beginning to grow...1 gala apple, 1 Fuji, 3 peach, 1 nectarine,1 tangering, 1 orange,4,grapes, 1 whte prach nectarine combo, 1 red plum...we are looking at an avocado tree and an olive...
kadesma

wowsers, kades!!!!! i adore green onions with salt fresh from the garden!!
__________________
i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:59 PM   #78
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
wowsers, kades!!!!! i adore green onions with salt fresh from the garden!!
Me too, tomatoes warm from the sun, rinse with the hose, take a bite then put on a little salt..Yum

kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #79
Master Chef
 
luvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: da 'burgh
Posts: 9,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Me too, tomatoes warm from the sun, rinse with the hose, take a bite then put on a little salt..Yum

kades
heavanly!!!!! tomatoes!!
__________________
i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #80
Master Chef
 
expatgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas girl living in Kazakhstan
Posts: 5,575
oh, I'm so jealous of all of you.............the best I can do is grow a few plants on my windowsills.........I have no garden areas...........my hubby brought me back a small basil plant from the UK and it's going NUTSOS! It has no idea where it's latitude and longitude are located.........I really miss my garden in the states and like many of you, really enjoy salivating over the seed catalogues..........glad to hear of other companies to refer to to..........I think the best investment I ever made were planting and harvesting the burpless cucumbers.........
__________________

__________________
The only difference between a "cook" and a "Chef" is who cleans up the kitchen.
expatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.