Big plants from seeds, bulbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
What indoor plant can I plant in my apartment so it could take over the apartment but yet at the same time it would look really nice?

I would love a quick growing plant as well?

Right now I have chile plants and I still need to plant them outside.

Take a look here.
Plant Encyclopedia Search Results - Better Homes and Gardens
You will have to put "House plants" into the search option.

You could also check Wal-Mart.Read the tags,Some require more then just water.
Buy what you like while they are young.Older plants have been grown in optimum conditions.They don't always take to home conditions.
The younger ones will learn how to adapt.
They are easy to moved around,until you find the best spot for them.
I have one of those indoor trees,that I bought while it was young.It's now15 years old,and still growing.

Munky.

Pothos is DEFINITELY NOT EDIBLE. In fact, it is toxic - particularly to dogs, cats, & birds. So if you have any pets, keep these plants out of their reach.

I'm firmly in the pothos/philodandron camp. Don't need a huge amount of light or other kind of care. When I lived in an apartment, I'd take them into the bathroom, leave a fluorescent light on, fill the tub a couple of inches, and they were happy as can be for a couple of weeks if I had to leave town.

Edibles? Chives and basil, assuming (for the latter) a sunny window, and assuming you are not stuck in my position, that is to say, I've almost always lived in places where the heater vent is right under the window. That means I have had to pay attention to the plants daily because they dry out enough in 24 hours enough to kill them.

Edibles? Chives and basil, assuming (for the latter) a sunny window, and assuming you are not stuck in my position, that is to say, I've almost always lived in places where the heater vent is right under the window. That means I have had to pay attention to the plants daily because they dry out enough in 24 hours enough to kill them.
I'm exactly stuck in your position, I have a heater vent that's right under my window, Great for plants that need a dry climate but not for edible herbs.

Thanks for the tip Claire!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom