BigD's Garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are dozens of tomatos that I am begging to rippen, and I have at least 6 other zucs that are probably that size right now. 1 cherry pepper is the right size but still green. We have teeny tiny pickles on our pickle bushes.

Wow... good job! guess I should post some pics of my garden too...

Ahh good old Midwest soil! I have a raised garden because I live in a sand pit.:LOL: But my cukes are doing well.(about 4"long) Green peppers are late, chives and pablanos peppers poopood out but the watermelon and cantaloupe are doing well. If we get as many melons as we have blooms, we're in trouble. !!!

...regarding post #20....Wowsers, bigdaddy!
(when are you going to change your name to MrGreenJeans?

Molly,

If you look in the left panel under my name you will see that I had added "Mr. Greenjeans" as my subtitle when I started the thread! LOL Great minds... (all like cheese)

Pickle!!!
And some toms finally getting red!

Attachments

• 0712100635a.jpg
    0712100635a.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 196
  • 0712100636a.jpg
    0712100636a.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 195
We have been harvesting quite a bit. No pictures of the plot itself as we are having a mosquito problem and I will not over linger in the garden. They are insane! However, I will show you one day's gathering...

Attachments

• Garden harvest.jpg
    Garden harvest.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 193
You can just make out the bottle of Jagermeister behind the box of Debbie Meyer bags.

The tomatoes are coming in now. Lots and lots of them reddening up nicely. Sauce soon!

When I die don't bury me
In a box in a cold dark cemetery
Out in the garden would be much better
Where I could be pushin' up home grown tomatoes
Home grown tomatoes, home grown tomatoes
What'd life be without home grown tomatoes
There's only two things that money can't buy
That's true love and home grown tomatoes.

This is a cool story about some of the tomatoes we planted...

Living on Earth: Mortgage Lifter Tomatoes

Oh no. The end of summer is drawing near. I still have some tomatoes on the vines. Still have a couple of zuchini. I will mourn the loss of the tomatoes. Every winter I grow to hate the pale cold tasteless globes they offer from the store. Every summer I fall again in love with this ripe red fruit.

I had bruchetta for dinner again. So delicious. No onions in mine. Just Basil, olive oil and red wine vinegar. I think the onions block too much of the tomato flavor. Tonight we served it on garlic whole wheat toast.

Back
Top Bottom