Birds Eat Tomatoes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have never had a problem with birds in the garden. Making sure that they have plenty of fresh water and bird seed keeps them happy and out of my tomatoes. And yes vine ripened taste better...the sugars have more time to develope that way.

Oh, dear, to have such well behaved birds. In Hawaii in particular the bulbuls would go after anything. Here they take one bite out of each tomato, never stick to one.

Good greif, it is raining yet again.

we have 3 feral cats that have been trapped, fixed, and released, that live in our back yard.

up until this year, i've never had a problem with anything in my garden being eaten by an animal. but something came through a week ago and polished off the tops of my carrots, radishes, snap peas, and cukes.

i'd wondered where my little hunters had gone? so i bought some platsic fencing and covered what was left of the chewed plants.

since then, the cats came back (i guess they went away on vacation. their mail was piling up :)), and i'm back to having a safe garden, as well as a daily sacrifice by the back door, to barter for leftover chicken and fish, and some canned food.

so far, since last wednesday, i've had to get out the shovel for 4 mice, 2 finches, and a robin.

it's a killing field out there, i tells ya.

Back
Top Bottom